4 people are interested
TITLE: OFFICE ASSISTANT
MAJOR OBJECTIVE: To assist staff with administrative duties
- General office duties, filing, typing, mail, answering telephone, etc.
- Greet customers, provide accurate referral information
- Professional approach to handling the animals and dealing with the public
- Follow a script for phone calls
- Answer questions about an individual animal that a client may have
- Computer data entry including social media additions
- Assist with additional projects when necessary.
- Positively represent the Center’s beliefs and philosophies
- Help maintain sanitary kennel environment by practicing good disease control protocol.
- Work cohesively with other office assistants , animal control officers, and any city official or employee.
- Be willing to transport animals to veterinary clinics for immediate emergent cases
- Attend a Volunteer Information Session
- Complete a volunteer application and liability waiver
- Interview with volunteer coordinator and/or other members of MAARC
- Attend kennel assistant training
- Review office assistant guidelines
Minimum of 1, two-hour shift per week.
Engaging, outgoing self-starter. Individual must be willing to learn about animal behavior and MAARC guidelines and protocol as well as enjoy working with people as much as animals.
Chance to meet and interact with invaluable members of our community.
Extremely rewarding experience of seeing animals adopt.
Direct contribution to increase adoptions and pet retention.
Learn information that will improve your relationship with your own companion animal.
Direct supervision by Volunteer Coordinator, Indirect supervision by the animal control officers and staff of the Maryville City Shelter and Maryville City.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
426 Home AvenueMaryville, TN 37801
- Data Entry
- Animal Care / Handling
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours 2-3 times per week
- Time commitment maybe more until other volunteers are recruited