Assistant Dog Trainer - Veterans Moving Forward
DONATE TO THIS
25 people are interested
Veterans Moving Forward is a nonprofit organization based in Sterling, Virginia, dedicated to the raising, training, and placement of service dogs with eligible disabled veterans. We are looking for an Assistant Dog Trainer.
- Has a strong sense of purpose and high standards.
- Is patient, enthusiastic and has fun while training.
- Good communicator.
- Able to recruit and train volunteer puppy raisers and sitters, ensuring the well being of canines, help facilitate service dogs and maintain contact with Veterans and conduct home visits.
- Connected to the mission and vision of Veterans Moving Forward .
- A person that understands each dog is unique.
- Understands the principles of operant and classical conditioning and reward based training.
About Veterans Moving Forward, Inc.
44225 Mercure Circle, Suite 130, Dulles, VA 20166, US
Mission: Provide service dogs to veterans with physical and/or mental health challenges, at no cost to the veteran. Vision: Be a premier, national, not-for-profit organization for veterans seeking and receiving service dogs. Be an effective and trusted resource for canine therapy services for veterans. Make a meaningful difference in the lives of disabled veterans, enhancing their safety and independence within their home and community.
Veterans Moving Forward, Inc., (VMF) is a public charity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code dedicated to providing service dogs to veterans with physical and/or mental health challenges, at no cost to the veteran. Located in Dulles, Virginia, VMF serves qualified veterans anywhere within the continental United States.
We'll work with your schedule.
44225 Mercure CircleSuite 130Sterling, VA 20166
- People Skills
- Animal Therapy
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Ideally 10-15 hours a week