OneOC: RSVP (ages 55+) Literacy Mentor volunteers for Think Together
OneOC hosts RSVP volunteers in local Orange County nonprofits to ensure that those most in need of education, food security, food delivery and employment receive the help they need most. RSVP volunteers choose where and how often they want to serve, with commitments ranging from a few hours a month to 40 hours per week.
Benefits of RSVP:
* Personalized Matching - RSVP Orange County has over three decades of experience in matching volunteers with opportunities to meet community needs. We are here to find you the right opportunity for your passions, skills, interests, and your active 55+ lifestyle and schedule
* Volunteer Insurance - additional excess accident medical coverage while volunteering
* Recognition - members are eligible for annual recognition including the station & volunteer testimonial, Volunteer Service Pledge Certificates, Presidential Volunteer Service Awards, special events and more
* Community Engagement - OneOC newsletters, e-news, website including new opportunities, events, training opportunities and more
About RSVP Program Station: In addition to homework assistance and academic intervention, Think Together provides enrichment programs that promote character development, nutrition education and physical activity.
Location: Multiple locations
Volunteer Opportunity: Literacy Mentors needed for Think Together. Volunteers work with students on English, language arts, math, and science. Through one-on-one support, volunteers encourage positive social interaction by helping students develop healthy relationships with peers and teachers.
Volunteers will spend time one-on-one with a student to help them develop their academic skills. They will have the chance to share a love of reading and books with people who may not have received this sort of encouragement in the past. Volunteers should be good communicators with excellent listening skills, able to work with young people at their pace. They should be passionate about literacy and its importance, as well as fluent in English. Volunteers will also help with special events preparation.
*This is a volunteer non-paid opportunity.
Hours of Volunteer Service: RSVP volunteers can give 1-40 hours weekly, Monday -Friday, between 2:30 pm and 5:30 pm.
- Volunteers must enjoy reading to children in small groups or individually and be patient and encouraging.
- Training is provided and required before being able to read with the children
- Volunteer Requirements: Volunteers must be 18 or older, must have background check clearance (done by the Think Together office) and must clear a TB test
Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible to participate as an RSVP Volunteer, the candidate must be age 55 or older and complete a RSVP online registration.
How to Apply: You may apply directly to the RSVP Volunteer Program HERE:
1901 E. 4th Street, Suite 100, Santa Ana, CA 92705, US
To Accelerate Nonprofit Success
OneOC is the leading nonprofit of its kind in Orange County, whose mission is "To accelerate nonprofit success." OneOC is committed to developing deep and meaningful experiences for our nonprofits and companies as they serve their respective communities. Our clients benefit from an array of service solutions including volunteer services, organizational development, back-office support and community engagement.