Compeer recruits, screens, and matches trained volunteers and mentors in one to one friendship relationships with children and adults receiving mental health treatment.Volunteers and mentors become positive role models, help raise self esteem, increase social and communication skills, and encourage independence for their Compeer friends. The rewards are many when you volunteer for Compeer. There are many opportunities for personal growth and satisfaction through helping others.
When matching volunteers with someone, we take into account many factors, including how far the volunteer would like to drive, how many hours a volunteer can commit to, and what age group would work the best. A potential volunteer would only need to come downtown a couple of times in the beginning.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Mentors to Adults and Children
- Mentors Wanted
- Special Friends to Adults and...
- Mentors and Special Friends...
- Elderly people in need of...
- Compeer CORPS Program
- Holiday music needed for sing...
- Older Adults in need of a friend
- Friends for the Elderly
- Company to donate winter hats,...
- Mentors to Children
- Lonely Seniors needing a friend...