Red Cross Home Fire Campaign
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
Join our Home Fire Preparedness Campaign
Seven times a day, someone in this country dies in a home fire. The American Red Cross aims to reduce the number of home fire deaths and injuries by 25 percent by the end of 2019.
To achieve this, we have joined with fire departments and community groups nationwide to install smoke alarms and deliver fire prevention information in places that have high numbers of fires.
The Red Cross also is asking every household in America to join us in taking the two simple steps that can save lives:
1) check existing smoke alarms and
2) practice fire drills at home.
We need YOU to help make Marshall safer! Join the Home Fire Preparedness Campaign Team today and start making a difference in your community. Choose from these helpful roles:
* Canvasser - In small teams, you will go door-to-door to notify residents in targeted neighborhoods about an upcoming installation in your area.
* Smoke Alarm Installer - Conduct home visits, test existing smoke alarms in homes, replace batteries
as needed, and install smoke alarms within the home according to manufacturer’s instructions.
* Disaster Safety Educator - Provide education to residents on fire safety and additional local hazards, and assist residents in completing a home fire escape plan.
* Documenter and Reporter - Document resident information, including the services provided. Complete all acknowledgment forms and reports for campaign tracking.
For more information and to sign up, call 612-346-7128 or email Elizabeth.Gelderman@redcross.org.
To request a FREE smoke alarm installation, call the HOTLINE at 612-460-3674, visit www.getasmokealarm.org or text 'Alarm’ to 844-811-0100.
1715, 201 E Saratoga StMarshall, MN 56258
- Disaster Response
- Adult Education
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- We will provide all training