Looking for Volunteer Nurses and/or Health Care Providers!
8 people are interested
Looking for Volunteer Nurses!
We are in need of staffing our Health Aide Office and looking or certified nurses who can assist.
Minimum volunteer requirement: 1 day per week, from 8-4pm. Our goal is to have our Health Office open 5 days per week with 5 volunteers each working one day.
- Charter school policies, and practices related to health issues, medical terminology, and related activities.
- Health and safety regulations
- First Aid and CPR techniques
- Operation of a computer terminal
- Telephone techniques and etiquette
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Perform first aid procedures and screen ill or injured students according to established procedures; utilize a variety of health products and supplies in caring for injuries and health needs; provide specialized health care to students as directed; notify parents of students conditions or symptoms as needed
- Administer first aid in an emergency situation and inform the administrator, parents or paramedics as necessary.
- Perform preliminary assessment of ill or injured students within the framework of the Health Department, charter school law and GPA guidelines and policies; notify appropriate health or special services professionals and parents regarding serious health injuries, seizures, broken bones or child abuse as required by GPA policies and state and federal laws.
- Maintain records of student accidents, illness, medications, and other related information; maintain emergency cards locators and health files;
- Maintain the health office in a clean, orderly an safe condition; establish procedures; maintain inventory and order first aid supplies as necessary; prepare and restock first aid kits for classrooms and field trips as assigned.
- Operate a variety of office equipment including telephone, copier, computer, and assigned software.
Requirements for theSchool Nurses
- California Professional Registered Nurse (RN) or
- California Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Background check
- TB check within the last 2years
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
395 11th Avenue, 6th FloorSan DiegoSan Diego, CA 92101
- First Aid / CPR
- People 55+
- Background Check
- 1 Day Per week - 8hrs per day
- California Professional Registered Nurse (RN) or California Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Backgroun