Looking for Volunteer Nurses and/or Health Care Providers!
11 people are interested
Looking for Volunteer Nurses!
We are in need of staffing our Health Aide Office and looking or certified nurses who can assist.
Minimum volunteer requirement: 1 day per week, from 8-4pm. Our goal is to have our Health Office open 5 days per week with 5 volunteers each working one day.
- Charter school policies, and practices related to health issues, medical terminology, and related activities.
- Health and safety regulations
- First Aid and CPR techniques
- Operation of a computer terminal
- Telephone techniques and etiquette
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Perform first aid procedures and screen ill or injured students according to established procedures; utilize a variety of health products and supplies in caring for injuries and health needs; provide specialized health care to students as directed; notify parents of students conditions or symptoms as needed
- Administer first aid in an emergency situation and inform the administrator, parents or paramedics as necessary.
- Perform preliminary assessment of ill or injured students within the framework of the Health Department, charter school law and GPA guidelines and policies; notify appropriate health or special services professionals and parents regarding serious health injuries, seizures, broken bones or child abuse as required by GPA policies and state and federal laws.
- Maintain records of student accidents, illness, medications, and other related information; maintain emergency cards locators and health files;
- Maintain the health office in a clean, orderly an safe condition; establish procedures; maintain inventory and order first aid supplies as necessary; prepare and restock first aid kits for classrooms and field trips as assigned.
- Operate a variety of office equipment including telephone, copier, computer, and assigned software.
Requirements for theSchool Nurses
- California Professional Registered Nurse (RN) or
- California Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Background check
- TB check within the last 2years
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
395 11th Avenue, 6th FloorSan DiegoSan Diego, CA 92101
- First Aid / CPR
- People 55+
- Background Check
- 1 Day Per week - 8hrs per day
- California Professional Registered Nurse (RN) or California Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Backgroun