Veterans Peer Navigator - AmeriCorps Position- *must be a veteran
DONATE TO THIS
7 people are interested
Catholic Charities Atlanta’s AmeriCorps Peer Navigator program, is a free program for Veterans/Spouses and immediate family members offering Case Management and supportive services. Our goal is to help Veterans and their families by providing them with the tools and skills to support a path towards self-sufficiency. Our Veteran’s Case Management program encompasses a variety of services including:
- Comprehensive Assessment
- Individualized Service Plans
- Support in navigating VA Benefits and Public Benefits
- Access to Higher Education, Employment and Training opportunities
- Mental Health Counseling
- Financial Assistance (rent, mortgage, or utilities)
- Financial Education
- Referrals to Community Resources
Veterans Peer Navigators shall perform their duties and conduct themselves according to the: 1) ethical and professional Standards of Catholic Charities-Atlanta, Catholic Charities USA, and the Council on Accreditation; and 2)values and tenets of Catholic Social Teaching.
- Performs all case management duties for Veteran clients who choose to participate in case management.
- Helps clients to identify barriers to self-sufficiency and develops service plan goals/objectives for overcoming these barriers through a Needs Assessment process. Also makes referrals to available VA and community resources to meet those needs and tracks the progress of goals.
- Tracks and enters relevant data on a timely basis and maintains complete and organized client files. This includes entry into electronic data tracking programs as well as case notes within client files.
- Coordinates with Catholic Charities staff, VA Staff and any other service providers to meet the needs of Veterans and their families.
- Maintains records of pertinent program related information and compiles required data in reports.
- Remains familiar with current Veterans Administration regulations as they relate to needs of the client base.
- Facilitates groups to meet the needs of Veteran and military family participants.
- Provides crisis intervention with supervisor when needed.
- Responds to inquiries, phone calls, and e-mail in a timely and responsive manner.
- Attends provider meetings in the community specific to Veterans and community resources as well as monthly management team meetings.
- Leads volunteer efforts to serve this client population.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Experience and Abilities
- Must believe in the core values of AmeriCorps and be driven by the mission of the Catholic Charities organization.
- High School Degree or GED
- A Veteran of the Armed Forces or the spouse or adult child of a Veteran or active military personnel.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional boundaries while working with clients.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to work independently as necessary.
- Demonstrates professional development by participating in and seeking training opportunities.
- Ability to assess emergency situations and respond effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in the English language
- Must be prompt and dependable.
- Must be able to pass a background check as per AmeriCorps requirements.
- Driver’s license and reliable transportation available during the work day.
Accountability: The Veteran Peer Navigator reports to the Program Manager of Case Management Services.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Volunteers
TO APPLY: Applicants MUST APPLY DIRECTLY ON THE AMERICORPS site at:
COMMENTS: Applications for AmeriCorps and Catholic Charities Atlanta must be completed. The schedule for this position requires day hours and may include occasional evening hours to accommodate the schedule of clients served.
About Catholic Charities Atlanta
2401 Lake Park Drive, SE, Smyrna, GA 30080, US
To provide help and create hope for those in need through professional services that help eliminate barriers to self sufficiency, stabilize families, and transform lives.
Catholic Charities Atlanta is an advocate and friend for individuals and families facing adversity. We provide a holistic combination of accredited social services life skills education, counseling, family stabilization, and immigration legal services that remove barriers to self-sufficiency and wholeness.
Our services are tailored for the unique circumstances of the people we serve, and our impact is real and measurable. We are faith-based and serve our neighbors professionally, compassionately, in multiple languages and regardless of background.
3669 N Peachtree RdChamblee, GA 30341
- Veteran Care
- Program Management
- Administrative Support
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training