Volunteer Speech Therapist Abroad
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consult and coordinate with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Develop individualized treatment plans and provide restorative therapy for communication and swallowing disorders.
- Educate patients about interventions and ongoing care.
- Participate in training and instruction of students, auxiliary workers and community members.
- Report of materials and implemented strategies.
- Evaluates the patient's rehabilitation needs, establishes treatment plans and goals, and periodically reassesses the patient's response to the treatment plan.
- Assess and treat a patient population, through physician referral, that includes pediatrics through geriatrics.
- Explains interventions in language that is appropriate to patient's ethnic, sociological, and cultural background, and to patient's age.
Due to Covid-19, CMMB has paused all field deployments until early 2021 as the countries we serve respond to this pandemic, and we are able to ensure the health and safety of our incoming field volunteers. Nonetheless, our commitment to support these communities remains, and we are eagerly waiting to be able to assist with the aftermath of this crisis when international travel is possible and safe.
100 Wall St, Floor 9, New York, NY 10005, US
Inspired by the example of Jesus, CMMB works in partnership globally to deliver locally sustainable, quality health solutions to women, children, and their communities.
CMMB is a leading faith-based NGO focused exclusively on global health care for the world’s poor, by building healthy, sustainable communities through community engagement and partnerships. Now entering its second century, CMMB is committed to integrating and focusing its programming around saving the lives of children and mothers by concentrating on leading causes of mortality in targeted communities.
Building around a new CHAMPS (CHildren And Mother PartnershipS) model, CMMB works at both the community and clinical levels in these targeted communities to strengthen health services and address the leading causes of maternal and child death. CMMB has committed to develop 20 CHAMPS sites by 2020, incorporating at least 3 in Haiti, Kenya, Peru, South Sudan, and Zambia.