Museum Visitor Services Volunteer
19 people are interested
There are two public museums on Stanford University’s campus, Iris and Gerald B. Cantor Center for Visual Arts and the Anderson Collection.
The Cantor Arts Center and the Anderson Collection rely on volunteers to provide visitor services during museums’ open hours. Visitor Services volunteers serve at the information desks by providing visitors with information and resources needed for a positive and enriching museum experience.
We are looking for volunteers who are available to assist visitors on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Volunteers are asked to commit to the same shift every week or act as a substitute, filling in for volunteers who are unable to make their shift. Substitutes commit to a minimum of 6 hours per month (2 shifts)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively greet visitors
- Count and record visitor attendance
- Provide visitors with information about the history of Stanford museums, exhibitions, gallery rotations and closures as well as special events and programs
- Provide directions to the museum galleries and exhibitions
- Inform visitors about museum visitor guidelines and policies
- Direct visitors to coat check and other museum amenities
- Inform visitors about tours, gallery talks, and family programs
- Answer visitor questions
- Ensure that Visitor Services information desks are adequately stocked with museum related print collateral
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills -
- Professional work manner
- Good sense of direction
- Basic computer proficiency, including familiarity with IPad
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
328 Lomita DrStanford, CA 94305
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Public Relations
- Arts Administration
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Weekly shift or as needed basis