ELAP Phone Line Intake Assistant
2 people are interested
Do you enjoy connecting with new people over the phone and assisting them in finding legal aid help? ELAP is looking for a highly motivated, outgoing, detailed oriented, and organized person to join our Phone Intake team. The key to success in this role is having a high level of flexibility and a desire to be challenged. The hours of work would be from 9 AM - 1:00 PM (sometimes later depending on last-minute phone calls).
Phone Line Intake (reports to Program Director):
o Screen callers for eligibility;
o Perform detailed legal intake, using the Legal Server database, to summarize cases for ELAP DV staff attorneys and pro bono legal clinic attorneys;
o Schedule legal clinic appointments and confirm or cancel existing appointments;
o Provide clients with referral information to appropriate community agencies;
o Provide back-up for clinic coordinator;
o Substitute for volunteer legal clinic intake assistant at the clinic site, as needed;
o Assist with admin tasks as needed, such as data entry in Excel.
· Bilingual (Read, speak and write clearly in English/Spanish);
· A combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job;
· Committed to ELAP’s mission in promoting equal access to justice;
· Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize;
· Ability to learn quickly;
· Exceptional attention to detail;
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both telephone and in person) with ability to work successfully with a wide range of people while maintaining composure in stressful situations.
· Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality;
· Critical thinking and problem solving skills;
· Demonstrated intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel.
· Experience working with a database program.
· Available for 6 months.
· Experience working in a legal setting.
We'll work with your schedule.
ELAP OfficeBellevue, WA 98005
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 20 hrs a week