2 people are interested
Substitute Meals on Wheels Driver - Southern Kennebec Area
2 people are interested
Spectrum Generations Cohen Community Center is in need of Substitute Meals on Wheels Driver. Delivery days are Wednesday and Fridays. Routes vary, the Substitute Driver would pick up a meals and deliver to local home-bound older adults, when normal route Driver is unable to drive that day.
Time frame can very depending on route and location, typically will last around 3 hours in the late morning or early afternoon.
- Delivering hot and frozen, nutritious meals prepared by the center, to home-bound older adults
- Act as a safety "check-in" person for home-bound older adults
- Reporting to supervisor at center if recipient does not answer the door
About Spectrum Generations
1 Weston Ct, PO Box 2589, Augusta, ME 04338, US
Promoting life-long learning, health, wellness, nutrition, community engagement and social well-being of all older and disabled adults.
Spectrum Generations spans four decades as a leading nonprofit provider of innovative solutions to the challenges of meals, care-giving, counseling, socialization, wellness, and life-long learning to seniors, maturing adults, and the disabled. Our mission is to secure positive outcomes through at-home and community-based services in rural, city, and small town settings for vulnerable aging and disabled populations.
- Offers a variety of assistance and services to seniors and disabled adults and their families ranging from a friendly helping hand to trained care including Meals on Wheels, Adult DayBreak, Family Caregiver Services, Money Management, and Bridges Personal Services and Care Management.
- Provides information about questions and concerns on a wide variety of issues that impact adults including Maine Care, Medicare, money-saving benefits programs as well as referral services and community presentations.
- Encourages the passions of aging and/or disabled adults and their families for lifelong learning through programs, classes, and workshops at our seven community centers.
- Provides opportunities and connections to participate in rewarding experiences such as social dining, travel, fitness and wellness programs, special events, and volunteer opportunities.
Cohen Community Center22 Town Farm RoadHallowell, ME 04347
November 23, 2021
- Elder care
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Wednesdays & Fridays - times will varying depending on weather and routes, typically takes 2-3 hours.