LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEER DEVELOPMENT DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
Project Sub-Sahara (PSS) is a small 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization located in Vancouver, WA. We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Volunteer Development Database Administrator to play a pivotal role in developing web enabled database solutions for our non-profit organization.
The Volunteer Development Database Administrator will have primary responsibility for the development of a web enabled one-stop database set-up where the tracking of school supply and financial in-kind donations received for rural schools in Ghana, the donations delivered to donor recipients, as well as the ongoing needs of the rural schools. This information should be accessible so it can be shared and made readily available. Moreover, the Development Database Administrator will ensure that the database supports our organization’s strategies and be the point person for importing and integrating with other systems.
Additionally, the Volunteer Development Database Administrator builds relationships in the global community and with volunteers and corporate partners. You will manage our organizational image in a cohesive way to achieve our overall goals.
As a Volunteer Development Database Administrator, we believe you to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our organization’s views creatively.
Ultimately, you should be able to maintain efficient database operations and ensure database integrity.
- Possess knowledge of methods for integrating database with our website.
- Maintaining knowledge of new developments and features of our system.
- Building queries and exports for complex projects.
- Familiarity with a self-registration hook.
- Assist in conducting weekly/monthly audits of data entry to ensure accuracy.
- Where possible, building in functionality/establishing security to prevent bad entry.
- Producing or supporting verified development reports.
- Assist in reconciling donations at month and year-end.
- Managing all existing codes and tables; adding new ones as strategies dictate.
- Periodically eliminating obsolete query, report, and export parameter settings.
- Conducting all global changes and/or imports to maintain data.
- Supporting data entry as needed for constituents and relationships.
If you are a savvy development database administrator who resides in the US and is interested in leaving a footprint with lasting impact, and who would like to volunteer and help our organization virtually in this endeavor, please contact Dave Beke (email@example.com) or Wesley Jordan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Database Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Minimum one year--varied virtual hours