LOOKING FOR EDITOR, WRITER AND NEWSLETTER VOLUNTEER
Project Sub-Sahara (PSS) is a small 501 (c) 3 non-profit located in Vancouver, WA. We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Editor/Writer/Newsletter Volunteer to play a pivotal role in drafting and proofing written documents and communications for our non-profit.
The Editor/Writer/Newsletter Volunteer will have primary responsibility for the development, launching, and distribution of our quarterly newsletter for sharing information, maintaining visibility and gaining support for our school supply initiatives for rural schools in Ghana. The amount of time spent on an article varies by the length of the article and by the volunteer’s work preferences; however, deadlines must be strictly observed.
Additionally, the writer will help generate ideas while responding to and developing correspondence emails in response to ongoing initiatives. Moreover, the Editor/Writer/Newsletter Volunteer will assist in the layout and development of our year-end report summarizing all our activities and future goals/endeavors.
As a Volunteer Writer, we believe you to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies, work independently as well as part of a team. You should have excellent writing, research, and communication skills and be able to express our organization’s views creatively.
Ultimately, you should be able to provide communication support to ensure stakeholders receive timely access to the information they need to remain mission ready.
- Assist with preparation of newsletter content.
- Assist with design of flyers/brochures.
- Ensuring of accuracy of written information.
- Assist with other organizational media efforts.
- Work independently and to follow through on assignments.
- Ability to motivate and work with others or the desire to improve yourself in these areas.
- Give back to our global community.
- Gain new experiences and personal growth.
If you are a savvy writer who resides in the US and is interested in leaving a footprint with lasting impact, and who would like to volunteer and help our organization virtually in this endeavor, please contact Dave Beke (email@example.com) or Wesley Jordan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Technical Writing
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Minimum of one year - varied hours