Weekend SnackPack Assembly, Healthy Additions, Distribution & More!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
12 people are interested
- Healthy Additions Food Assembly: Join the team to put together veggie bags, and heart healthy cereal bowls. Wednesdays, 1:00-3:00 pm at Southcenter Community Baptist Church Activity Center.
- SnackPack Assembly: This is where we put all the goodies in the bags that we will be distributing to the kiddos each week. Thursdays, 9:00-10:00 am at Southcenter Community Baptist Church Activity Center.
- SnackPack Distribution: Help distribute SnackPacks to each of the elementary classrooms or to our site for secondary at Sullivan Community Center in Tukwila Village (next to Tukwila Library) on Friday afternoons.
- Stuff the Bus: If you or your group are interested in volunteering for our semi-annual food drive at Saar’s Super Savers Foods, email email@example.com.
- Annual Auction Fundraiser: There are always lots of positions to fill for our spring fundraiser. This year it will be held April 6, 2019 at the Hotel Interurban. For more information, email Jenny McCoy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Soliciting Donations from stores and restaurants.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About STILL WATERS SERVICES FOR FAMILIES IN TRANSITION
PO BOX 88576, SEATTLE, WA 98138, US
We make available food for the weekend to every student enrolled in Tukwila School district that meets the federal criteria for homelessness. In the academic year 2016-2017, 374 students enrolled in the Tukwila School District were struggling with food and housing insecurity. For those children, weekends mean long, hungry hours until school re-opens when they can again receive wholesome nourishing meals. This represents more than 12% of the student population, and in one elementary school more than 20% of the students met the federal criteria for homelessness as defined in the McKinney-Vento Act.
In 2014 PrayTukwila a group of Christian leaders formed an ad hoc committee of individuals representing the church Community, the Tukwila School District, Union Gospel Mission, and Mother2Many to address the growing rate of homeless students in Tukwila schools. The Tukwila Weekend SnackPack Program was borned and has expanded from Thorndyke Elementary to all 5 schools in Tukwila.
In 2016 Tukwila Weekend SnackPack was incorporated under the name of Still Waters: Services for Families In Transition, and is a 501(c)(3) and registered as a public charity in Washington State.
We have over 100 volunteers from the community who help assemble and distribute packs, organize food drives, and provide public donation sites - we have 3 public food donations sites at: Tukwila City Hall at the 6300 building, Tukwila Community Center, and Inspirus Credit Union.
We'll work with your schedule.
14742 McAdams Road SouthSeattle, WA 98168
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours per week
- Background check is only required for volunteers who are in school distribution teams.