Chapter Media Relations Bilingual Member
Red Cross Media Relations volunteers are part of a professional volunteer team that develops and delivers the Red Cross story behind-the-scenes, on-camera, in-person and online through media channels, websites, social media feeds and other content platforms.
- Be on call during shifts to vet and assess media inquiries, share information on smaller incidents, and notify leadership of need to scale up response.
- Serve as media spokesperson for local news outlets in person, over the phone or through Skype interviews.
- Work with chapter and regional leadership to write and pitch local stories to local media.
- Showcase Red Cross services and programs through earned media outreach at events, training, interviews, etc.
- Write and distribute media advisories and press releases.
- Maintain list of subject matter experts to speak with media.
- Maintain media log of queries, interviews and news stories.
- Create and maintain media lists.
- Protect the reputation of the Red Cross by identifying and assessing potential for harm to Red Cross brand, misinformation or information gaps. Work with communications management to develop a strategic approach for responding.
Visit www.redcross.org/volunteer to learn more and apply.
We'll work with your schedule.
12 Orondo AveWenatchee, WA 98801
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5 hours per week, 6 month commitment