Reconnection Workshop Facilitator
2 people are interested
Love leading interactive mental health presentations? Become a Red Cross Reconnection Workshop Facilitator and utilize your mental health background to provide Reconnection Workshop courses to military, veterans, and their families. Classes offered are:
Exploring Stress and Trauma
Relating to Children
Working Through Anger
Communication and Coping for Children
* Provide Reconnection Workshops for military members, veterans, and their families in various community-based settings.
* Advocate, share and promote information regarding resiliency with others in local area
* Remain clinically active for professional licensing
* Facilitate at least two workshops per year.
* Manage volunteers, work independently or with a team
* Perform duties within the scope of licensure and training
* Stay up-to-date on mental health research and practices for military, veterans and their families
* Holds a current, unencumbered license from, or is registered with, any U.S. state or territory as a social worker, psychologist, professional counselor, marriage and family therapist, or psychiatrist (any level license/registration, including non-clinical licenses such as Licensed Masters Social Worker or LMSW).
* Masters level or above mental health degree
* Willingness to support the Red Cross mission and the United States military
* Personal or professional experience working with the military a plus
To volunteer please sign-up online at http://volunteerconnection.redcross.org
Questions? Contact Beth Ratcliff at Beth.Ratcliff2@redcross.org or (657) 270-4091
We'll work with your schedule.
600 Park Center Dr.Santa Ana, CA 92705
- Veteran Care
- Teaching / Instruction
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Facilitate at least two workshops per year.