Mental Health Workshop Instructor for Active Military/Veterans
3 people are interested
Love leading interactive mental health presentations? Become a Red Cross Reconnection Workshop Facilitator and utilize your mental health background to provide Reconnection Workshop courses to military, veterans, and their families. Classes offered are:
-Exploring Stress and Trauma
-Relating to Children
-Working Through Anger
-Communication and Coping for Children
* Provide Reconnection Workshops for military members, veterans, and their families in various community-based settings.
* Advocate, share and promote information regarding resiliency with others in local area
* Remain clinically active for professional licensing
* Facilitate at least two workshops per year.
* Manage volunteers, work independently or with a team
* Perform duties within the scope of licensure and training
* Stay up-to-date on mental health research and practices for military, veterans and their families
* Holds a current, unencumbered license from, or is registered with, any U.S. state or territory as a social worker, psychologist, professional counselor, marriage and family therapist, or psychiatrist (any level license/registration, including non-clinical licenses such as Licensed Masters Social Worker or LMSW).
* Masters level or above mental health degree
* Willingness to support the Red Cross mission and the United States military
* Personal or professional experience working with the military a plus
Call, Email or Text: Karla Legorreta, Recruitment Specialist at Karla.Legorreta@redcross.org (714) 380-7263
About American Red Cross - Orange County
600 Park Center Dr., Santa Ana, CA 92705, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. People like you, serving as Blood Services Ambassadors helping to improve a blood donor's experience or serving as a Blood Driver, transporting life saving blood and blood product make a difference every day. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
600 Park Center Dr.Santa Ana, CA 92705
- Veteran Care
- Teaching / Instruction
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Facilitate at least two workshops per year.