Volunteer Screener Member
1 person is interested
The Volunteer Screener gathers relevant information about prospective volunteer candidates while assessing which positions volunteers are best suited for.
Schedules and conducts volunteer screenings (phone or in-person) with prospective volunteers.
- Studies and learns each volunteer position description.
- Prepares for each screening interview (i.e. reads a candidate’s application questionnaire and the corresponding position description they are applying for)
- Asks identifying questions, during the screening interview, appropriate to the responsibilities and qualifications for the volunteer position requested. Provides prospective volunteers with information about the intake, referral and placement process.
- Matches volunteers to positions for which they are best suited, based on skills, interest, availability and available options.
- Updates Volunteer Connection, our online volunteer management system, with candidate information.
Interviewers will be asked to complete a minimum of two 1-hour shifts per week.
- Broad understanding of the American Red Cross and its opportunities for volunteer service.
- Enthusiastic about American Red Cross programs.
- Ability to work with computer database (training provided)
- Excellent oral communication skills - ability to express ideas and facts clearly
- Comfortable making phone calls to volunteers
- Previous experience with customer service is a plus
- HR experience or experience conducting interviews a plus
Visit www.redcross.org/volunteer to learn more and apply.
We'll work with your schedule.
12 Orondo AveWenatchee, WA 98801
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Administrative Support
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training