Volunteer Position: Event/Logistics Manager
7 people are interested
We are looking for a Event/Logistics Manager for the Austin chapter of ChickTech . This volunteer role would be responsible for obtaining an event location for any upcoming events (kickoff, workshop, mentor match, etc.) and coordinating any logistics necessary to ensure the event runs smoothly. Other logistics include getting our students to/from the venue, ensuring they are fed while they are there, and making sure they have all the equipment they need.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Good strategic and tactical thinking
- Ability to work in a collaborative style and move others to action by planning, motivating and organizing work tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills that establish and maintain credibility and relationships
- Prior event planning or other project management experience a strong plus
Key responsibilities include:
- Finding suitable venues for various events
- Coordinating catering and other food/snack needs for events
- Acting as liaison between ChickTech and contact person of venue to address issues
- Coordinate the team to make sure that everyone stays on schedule
- Coordinating transportation for students to get to/from venue
- Assessing and fulfilling any audio/video equipment needs at venue (projectors, PA system, etc.)
- Working with Chapter Directors on budget
- Coordinating documentation of events (photography/videography)
- Work closely with Directors, HS Program Manager, Volunteer Managers, and Workshop Managers to ensure all bases are covered
- As chapter grows, recruiting, and managing logistics volunteers to help perform these tasks
Expected time commitment: 5-10 hours/week (more during High School Kickoff season). This includes checking your ChickTech email at least three times a week to ensure that potential volunteers are not waiting for communication.
We ask that all leadership team members commit to one year of being on the team if possible, although less can be negotiated! Please be honest about your time commitments, while we realize it is difficult to forecast what you may be doing four or five months out, we ask potential leadership team members to try their best to upfront with any conflicts, either work or personal. Thank you for your understanding!
We'll work with your schedule.
ChickTech AustinAustin, TX 78701
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Transportation Management
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- one year commitment