Volunteer Position: Development Manager
5 people are interested
We are looking for a Development Manager for the Austin chapter of ChickTech . This volunteer role would be responsible for researching and building relationships with potential donors, organizing fundraising events, and recommending and implementing fundraising strategies and goals.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Prior fundraising experience for non-profits or charities
- Excellent interpersonal skills that establish and maintain credibility and relationships
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Good strategic and tactical thinking
- The ability to work in a collaborative style and move others to action by planning, motivating and organizing work tasks
Key responsibilities include:
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with potential donors through in-person meetings at events, cold-calling, direct mailing, and other networking methods
- Networking with companies to establish ongoing/event sponsorships
- Developing fundraising strategies, which may include organizing fundraising events, web-based fundraising (youcaring, indiegogo, etc.), grant applications and others
- Work with the Fundraising Managers to promote any fundraising events and provide materials to acknowledge and sustain our relationships with donors
- Acting as liaison between ChickTech and contact person of venue to address issues
- Coordinate the team to make sure that everyone stays on schedule
- Coordinating documentation of events (photography/videography)
Expected time commitment: 5-10 hours/week (more during High School Kickoff season). This includes checking your ChickTech email at least three times a week to ensure that potential volunteers are not waiting for communication.
We ask that all leadership team members commit to one year of being on the team if possible, although less can be negotiated! Please be honest about your time commitments, while we realize it is difficult to forecast what you may be doing four or five months out, we ask potential leadership team members to try their best to upfront with any conflicts, either work or personal. Thank you for your understanding!
We'll work with your schedule.
ChickTech AustinAustin, TX 78701
- Resource Development / Management
- Donor Management
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
- Grant Writing / Research
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- One Year commitment