Board of Directors
1 person is interested
We are currently soliciting applications for members for the LEAD with Horses Board of Directors. (Skills listed are beneficial, but not required. Passion for our work is required!)
LEAD with Horses provides educational and therapeutic equine programs in Washoe County and the surrounding communities, with an emphasis on positive skill development and mental health. We serve foster youth, children of veterans and kids with learning, social and emotional challenges and other at-risk youth through the power of horses.
The Role of the Board of Directors
The Board will support the work of LEAD with Horses and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. It is expected that board members have a strong interest in the LEAD with Horses mission, a desire to help facilitate the success of LEAD with Horses programs and bring quality equine assisted programs to Nevada; and are willing to share time, talent and resources with LEAD with Horses.
While day-to-day operations are led by LEAD with Horses executive director (ED), the Board-ED relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
- Serve a two-year term with an option to be reelected for two additional terms.
- Attend a majority of the regular meetings of the board (5 per year) and serve on a minimum of 1 subcommittee.
- Contribute an annual gift of an amount you deem appropriate.
- Assist the Board in carrying out its fiduciary responsibilities such as reviewing annual financial statements, budgets and accounting practices.
- Support fundraising activities by attending the events and promoting the event’s sponsorship opportunities to your community friends and colleagues.
- Function as a goodwill ambassador and spokesperson for the organization and its programs.
- Stay well informed about the organization by carefully reading minutes of the Board Meeting, financial statements and other materials. Take seriously the legal, fiscal, and ethical responsibilities the Board carries.
- Participate in the governance through recruitment of new board members, election of new officers and other matters to fulfill the requirements under the articles of the organization.
- Follow conflict of interest policies.
We'll work with your schedule.
19440 Annie LaneReno, NV 89521
- Strategic Planning
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Five meetings per year & committee work