Volunteers in the Lake County Area!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
Meal Delivery Volunteers pick up prepared meals and deliver to seniors and home-bound adults in the Lake County, Evanston, and Glenbrook areas.
Meals at Home is partnered with area hospitals and restaurants to provide daily, fresh meal deliveries to seniors and others in Evanston, Skokie, Wilmette-Kenilworth, Winnetka-Northfield and Glenview. Meals are picked up by volunteers between 11-11:30am and delivered on predetermined routes Monday-Friday. Hands on training and ongoing support is provided.
- Report to pick up meals at assigned time.
- Ensure correct number of meals before leaving the pick-up location to complete deliveries.
- Promptly report any problems with meal orders and concerns about clients (unable to receive meal, looks unwell or is in unsafe conditions)
- Drivers must be at least 21 years old and have a valid driver’s license, vehicle registration and insurance. (Minors must be accompanied by a registered volunteer parent or guardian.)
- Must be a driver in good standing with the State of Illinois or issuing state.
- Must be physically able to get in and out of a vehicle repeatedly and walk short distances.
- Desire to serve others with respect for of different backgrounds and abilities.
- Be courteous and personable when dealing with the public.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of Meals at Home volunteers, partners, and donors.
- Each delivery route takes about 2 hours. We ask for a minimum of one scheduled day per month.
Meals at Home fosters health and contributes to individual well-being and independence by delivering nutritious meals, medically prescribed diets, and providing other supportive services to the home-bound, elderly, disabled, and others temporarily unable to care for their nutritional needs.
We'll work with your schedule.
3341 Sheridan RdZion, IL 60099
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours (routes typically take about 45 minutes)
- Drivers must have their own vehicles.