17 people are interested
Class Helper - Horses - Sundays
Please visit the new page to apply.
17 people are interested
Local therapeutic horsemanship riding program seeks class volunteers. The program is focused on mental health, selfcare and improved relationships via equine assisted learning.
Do you love helping others, watching positive change happen in people’s lives? Do you love animals and being outside? If you answered yes to these questions then this IS THE volunteer opportunity is for you!
Courageous Connections brings humans and horses together to empower participants with physical, cognitive and emotional challenges towards achieving their individual goals. In short, we create magic by bringing people from all backgrounds and walks of life together to experience the healing power of horses.
We are currently seeking volunteers to help who help to provide a safe learning environment for our participants in unmounted horsemanship programs.
Excited and ready to take the next step??
All the details are below and we highly suggest that you visit www.courageous-connections.org so that you understand more about this wonderful organization you are about to be a part of. You can also get to know us via Facebook at www.facebook.com/courageousconnections/
Commitment Courageous Connections Class Volunteers
- Recurring opportunity on Sundays from about 10:45-2:45
- 2-5 hours/week, 6 month commitment
- You sign up for classes that fit your schedule. We strive to have volunteers who can come regularly for a period of time. This helps us build relationships with each other and with our participants.
Desired skills and qualities (What we want)
- Experience with horses is required as you will be handling the horses before, during and after class
- We offer a Trauma Informed Care class (free of charge) and offered online for all class volunteers
- Thrives in a positive, inclusive, outdoor environment
- Creativity and resourcefulness
- Likes to develop, engage and inspire others
What we offer (What you get)
- Immersion in a community dedicated to inclusion, diversity and kindness
- Volunteer Training
- Opportunities to volunteer in business activities expanding your professional skills
- The benefits of equine assisted learning impact volunteers just as it does our participants
- You get to learn from and be close to our amazing horse partners
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Courageous Connections
13126 11th Ave NE, Marysville, WA 98271, US
To promote the physical and emotional development of people of all ages and abilities through safe, therapeutic, outdoor experiences.
We are excited to be able to offer equine assisted learning all year round as we now have a space with a covered arena. With all that has gone on in the world around us in the past two years it is more important than ever to have a safe space to explore how you are feeling, how you interact with others and practice self care. Horses have an amazing way of gently helping us 'see' our own behavior and how it might impact those around us. We offer individual class as well as workshops for special groups like Cancer Life Line.
12015 67th Avenue NortheastArlington, WA 98223
January 12, 2022
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
- Animal Therapy
- Child Development
- Physical Education
- Special Needs
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- 4-5 hours on Sundays - Volunteers do not need to commit to every Sunday. As our program grows other dates and times may become available
- Please consider becoming a volunteer with us. You can complete the volunteer application at: https://www.courageous-connections.org/volunteer-form (copy & paste into your browser)