Ahwatukee Kitties Need Your Attention!
Saving One Life
At Saving One Life Animal Rescue and Sanctuary, we have a variety of volunteer opportunities:
Located at PetSmart on Ray Rd and 48th St in Ahwatukee, we are fortunate to have an adoption center. We are always in need of volunteers who can donate one to two hours (or more ) every week, every month or whatever works best for your schedule.
The majority of your time you will focus your time on:
- light cleaning of each kennel
- refreshing the food and water in each kennel
- cleaning the litter boxes
- spending time playing and petting the kitties there
- On occasion, a potential adopter may come by to answer questions or meet an animal. Anything you cannot answer can be directed towards the rescue director.
- All adoptions are handled by the director therefore a volunteer never has to tell a potential adopter no.
Training is provided for all volunteers. Ideally, we prefer you commit to at least once a month but substitutes are always needed.
If you are under the age of 18, you must be accompanied by a chaperone of at least the age of 18.
To apply to volunteer, please complete our online application at http://www.savingonelife.org/get-involved/volunteer-application/
About Saving One Life
PO Box 6458, Chandler, AZ 85246, US
At Saving One Life Cat Rescue and Sanctuary, our mission is: To provide shelter and medical care to stray, abandoned, and surrendered animals for the purpose of finding permanent adoptive homes who are at great risk for euthanasia. To participate in the greater community’s effort to reduce overpopulation by providing TNR (Trap-Neuter-Release) opportunities. To provide a permanent and loving sanctuary to felines who many not thrive in a normal home environment. To provide education regarding the need to spay and neuter pets, vaccinate yearly and other responsibilities related to being a pet parent.
Who We Serve:
Animals within Arizona, primarily from Maricopa County who are brought into SOL from the ASH and / or MCACC-East Euthanasia List
- No kill unless recommended by vet to end suffering
- Uphold adoption standards
- indoor only unless cat is already outside/indoor cat
- no declawing etc
- Accept owner returns from previous adopters
- Financial responsibility for current rescue cats
- Uphold minimum vet care standards for all animals unless unable to for animal’s health
- Prior to adoption
- sufficient quarantine period
- micro chipped