Mentor girls in your community!
3 people are interested
Become A Bold Futures Mentor Today!
A Group Mentoring Program to work with girls ages 9-14
As a BOLD FUTURES Mentors your will...
- Be trained in the Girls Inc. approach
- Build meaningful relationships with your group of 3-4 girls
- Meet with your small group several times per month to plan help plan their futures, navigate challenges, and celebrate successes
- Inspire girls to be strong, smart and bold!
BOLD FUTURES Mentoring Dates...
Mentoring at Girls Inc. of Metro Denver
Fridays at 1499 Julian Street
Mentor Training: Fri, 9/28 from 4:00-7:30p
Volunteer Orientation (for new volunteers only): Sat, 9/29 from 8:30a-5:00p
Kickoff Event to meet girls’ families:
Fri, 10/5 from 4:00-7:00p
Fall Program Dates:
September 14, 21 (meet-and-greet dates)
October 5, 12, 26
November 2, 9, 16, 30
Spring Program Dates:
January 11, 18, 25
February 8, 15
March 1, 8, 15, 22
April 5, 12, 19
Program Celebration with the girls’ families:
Friday, April 19
Community events: Four Winds, Women’s, and Cesar Chavez March, or similar (4 hours each)
This is to make up for time lost when DPS does not have school on Fridays, and therefore there is no mentoring.
Process to start:
All interested volunteers need to complete all steps below to become a Bold Future mentor:
- APPLICATION Complete program application.
- INTERVIEW Have a 30-minute interview with our Manager of Volunteer Programs at 1499 Julian Street. You will be contacted after you submit an application.
- BACKGROUND CHECK Conduct a background check through Verified Volunteers. More information will be given to you after your interview.
- TRAINING Attend our required mentor training and volunteer orientation:
Friday, September 28 th from 4:00-7:30p
Saturday, September 29 th from 8:30a-5:00p
Thank you for understanding that we do not make exceptions to this being a required training. If you cannot attend training, you cannot volunteer, so be sure not to miss it!
- Group mentoring is a special approach to building relationships with girls.
- Because of its intentional nature, volunteers applying for a mentoring position should be able to commit to all meetings with their girls. One or two absences are allowed at most.
- Thank you for inspiring all girls to be strong, smart and bold!
Please contact Heidi Vielhaber, Manager of Volunteer Programs, to become a mentor today! firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-893-4363 x104.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
1499 Julian StreetDenverDenver, CO 80204
- Child Development
- Relationship Building
- Youth Services
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours a week on Fridays for an academic year