Animal (Dog, Cat, etc) Fosters Needed
DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
Sadly, every year, millions of pets are killed in our nation's shelter system. The lucky ones who survive are saved by a network of rescue organizations that pull them out of the shelters sometimes within minutes of being euthanized. Until those pets are placed in forever homes, they need a safe place to recover from their previous life of abandonment, neglect and/or abuse, and injuries. That safe haven, where a lonely, frightened dog or cat can heal her broken heart, recover from any injuries or illness, and learn to trust humans again, could be your home for as little as a few weeks or months until it gets adopted. Fostering is only temporary, but it changes the entire life of an animal in need.
- If you want the opportunity to care for an animal, but are unable to commit to 10+ years of care then fostering then is for you!
- Fostering an animal is a fun, exciting, and rewarding experience! Not only do you and your family learn the responsibilities of "pet ownership", but you're also helping to save a life that may have otherwise may not have had a chance, just because the pet has nowhere to go.
- Without loving foster homes and kind hearts like yours, our rescue organization cannot save animals. Foster parents play a huge role in our rescue and are very much appreciated by both the animals and us!
Contact us now using the application below if you are interested in becoming a foster parent. We are always in search of loving foster homes for our pets.
FOSTERING FOR PAW PRINTS IN THE SAND
When you foster for Paw Prints in the Sand, we provide the following:
- All veterinary expenses
- Food and supplies (collar, leash, tags, flea medication, etc.)
- Basic behavioral training
- A network of other fosters for guidance and support
Adoption events are held at local OC sites two Saturdays per month from 10 AM-3 PM; other occasional events occur throughout the year in partnership with local shelters and organizations. Fosters attend along with their foster pet to assist with the adoption efforts; talking with prospective adopters and promoting their furry friend.
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity. Paw Prints in the Sand reimburses for rescue-related expenses and mileage according to the IRS Non-Profit Standard Mileage Rate.
TO APPLY: Please fill out our foster application at www.pawprintsinthesand.org/foster.
We'll work with your schedule.
2500 E Imperial HwyAnywhere in Orange, SD, IE, LA CountiesBrea, CA 92821
- Animal Care / Handling
- Must be at least 21
- 2 weeks - 6 months in-home fostering. Attendance at adoption events twice per month from 10 AM-3 PM with other occasional events.