Special Events Intern
12 people are interested
The Cupcake Girls provides confidential support to individuals in the adult industry and aftercare to those who have been domestically sex trafficked. We hold different events throughout the year for clients, volunteers, partners and donors. The Special Events Intern will help make these events happen!
The Special Events Intern will report directly to the Special Events Manager and the Operations
Manager, as well as work collaboratively with all other departments. Specifically, this intern is
responsible helping to plan and implement all aspects of upcoming events, including client,
volunteer, and fundraising events as scheduled. S/he will shadow the Special Events and
Operations Managers in their daily tasks as part of their educational opportunity.
1. Assist the Special Events Manager in planning all aspects of upcoming events from start to
finish, including design, décor, menu planning, gift ideas, and more.
2. Work with guided event timelines, meeting deadlines as scheduled.
3. Work with the Operations Manager to create a budget for each event that falls within
4. Research ideas to creatively make use of the allotted budget in order to execute the
event beautifully and professionally.
5. Create a menu plan for events, price and purchase items needed, and execute food
6. Coordinate with the Community Relations team to receive donated/discounted items,
sponsorships, and staffing.
7. Fill out 15five report weekly.
8. Commit to 10-15 hours per week of concentrated work in your role.
9. Log office hours and track team office hours in Podio.
10. Attend scheduled specialist meetings.
x Be enrolled in a degree program related to special events and/or hospitality
x Detail oriented
x Budget conscious
x In tune with current trends and styles
x Committed to the message of The Cupcake Girls
x Exhibits The Cupcake Girls core values: love without agenda, invite innovation, act with
integrity, engage with humility, and pursue holistic balance.
We'll work with your schedule.
3110 S. Valley View Blvd., Suite 201Las Vegas, NV 89102
- Program Management
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Planning / Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 10 hours a week