9 people are interested
Education Programs Intern - Immigrant and Refugee Services
ORGANIZATION: Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New Orleans
Please visit the new page to apply.
9 people are interested
Education Programs Intern
The intern works closely with the Education Program staff to supplement program activities and enhance services to the students. Those with an interest in adult education, ESL, youth development, and immigrant and refugee services are highly encouraged to apply. Proficiency in Arabic, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Chinese, Farsi, Turkish, Vietnamese or other languages valued.
- assisting with adult ESL classes, the Family Literacy program, and Citizenship classes;
- developing curriculum for use in ESL, Family Literacy, and Citizenship classes;
- developing and maintaining methods for measurement of student success and a curriculum effectiveness;
- assisting with student intakes, pre- and post-testing for English proficiency, and data management;
- assisting with and attending ESL program events.
Schedule: Flexible Mon-Fri from 9am - 9pm, minimum 8 hours/week
About Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New Orleans
1000 Howard Avenue, Suite 200, New Orleans, LA 70113, US
We create a just society by welcoming the most vulnerable among us, walking beside them and working to meet their needs. We help our neighbors meet immediate needs and face long-term challenges. We steward our resources with transparency and efficiency. Together, we create a community where everyone is able to live with dignity and hope.
Since 1938 Catholic Charities has been offering life-giving programs, advocating for the voiceless and empowering the most vulnerable to foster a more just society. Catholic Charities has over 22 programs and twoaffiliated ministries in the eight civil parishes of the Archdiocese of New Orleans. Our programs engage and serve members of the community from pre-birth to the elderly but all of them fall under one of the following areas:
- children and families
- domestic violence
- education and young adults
- food and nutrition
- housing and homelessness
- disaster recovery
- immigration/refugee resettlement
- justice and employment
- physical and mental health
- pro-life services
- senior services
If you’re interested in volunteering and are from out of town please send a message with your group size, and dates/times of availability to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 504.310.6960.
Maine AveMetairie, LA 70003
August 25, 2022
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Youth Services
- Adult Education
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- 8 hours per week for a minimum of 3-4 months