Social Media Intern
CLEAR BLUE SEA
CLEAR BLUE SEA is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization in San Diego, CA with a mission to cleanse the oceans of plastic pollution. Clear Blue Sea’s innovative marine debris removal system is an unmanned, solar-powered Floating Robot for Eliminating Debris (FRED). Three small scale FRED prototypes have been built and tested in Mission Bay and several new FRED projects are currently in work, including a FRED Do-it-Yourself (FREDDY) Instructional Package and the design of a 50-foot FRED to be implemented in Hawaii. Our FRED projects have involved over 100 students to help younger generations experience what it takes to address a global environmental crisis.
We are looking for volunteers or interns to assist with marketing and social media to help build an online community who advocates for solutions and supports Clear Blue Sea’s efforts. This position offers flexible hours with specific roles and responsibilities defined in collaboration with the CBSea team. If you are passionate about saving the oceans and have a knack for marketing or online interactions, please get in touch!
Examples of marketing/social media tasks include:
- Research and analyze strategies across social media platforms of relevant organizations to help inform CBSea’s approach to social media
- Help develop long term strategies for crowdfunding or advocacy campaigns to leverage the CBSea community
- Create and share educational material (images, videos, short articles) on the sources of plastic pollution, the resulting damages to Earth and multiple marine industries, and Clear Blue Sea’s marine robot "FRED" - our Floating Robot for Eliminating Debris
- Build on our professional network with complementary businesses and nonprofit organizations in San Diego and worldwide to strengthen Clear Blue Sea’s name recognition and to enhance our collaboration within the Blue Tech community
- Redesign social media platforms to align with Clear Blue Sea mission and image, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc
- Upkeep of social media presence, interacting with the community and informing all of Clear Blue Sea progress and events
- Attend biweekly meetings with Clear Blue Sea leadership to present status, brainstorm issues, discuss next steps, and secure guidance and collaboration as needed
About CLEAR BLUE SEA
4450 PAVLOV AVE, SAN DIEGO, CA 92122, US
Clear Blue Sea's mission is to cleanse the oceans of floating plastic pollution by operating fleets of unmanned marine robots powered by renewable energy.
Clear Blue Sea was founded in 2016 to address the problem of ocean plastic pollution. We are a nonprofit startup working with students and volunteers to achieve our mission with community collaboration. Our robotic solution is called "FRED" - the Floating Robot for Eliminating Debris.
Clear Blue Sea has developed FRED’s preliminary design and prototyped small-scale versions of FRED subsystems for test and evaluation. In addition to securing our 501c3 nonprofit designation, developing our Business Plan, and establishing our Board of Directors, we have sponsored 16 student interns working on projects relevant to our long term goals. Our near term goals include building a larger-scale prototype for testing off the coast of San Diego and raising awareness of the problems with ocean plastic pollution in San Diego.