Director, Major Gifts
PACIFIC BAMBOO RESOURCES
We're looking for a talented, energetic professional to join our dynamic team and bring contagious ideas.
PBR's international flagship program, Bamboo for Good (B4G) is thriving and we seek someone who can lead Major Gift campaigns to reach goals for next-stage development.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the major gifts program for PBR / B4G, supervising annual gifts of $1,000 and more and special gifts from these and other donors.
- Establish budget goals in this category in consultation with management and develop strategies to reach them.
- Prepare written materials, including correspondence, solicitation materials, acknowledgements, and regular communications as part of the stewardship program. Prepare marketing materials, including brochures, articles, ads, and on-air announcements, to promote the concept of major giving to PBR / B4G.
- Establish and maintain a donor cultivation cycle and gift stewardship program to ensure that new major donors are developed, have opportunities to increase their level of support annually, and enjoy a close relationship to the station.
- Establish and serve as primary liaison with Major Gifts Committee. Work with this committee to develop levels of support. Develop strategies to facilitate personal solicitation of prospects by committee members.
- Coordinate Major Gifts cultivation and recognition events.
- Maintain major donor prospect and donor records on the station database.
- Promote a collegial atmosphere within the development department, working cooperatively with all fundraising officers to help them and the department attain their overall financial and advancement goals.
- Bachelor’s degree and major gift fundraising experience.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule, including weeking virtual B4G team meetings and some evenings and weekends.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent personal and written communications.
- Knowledge of word processing, and spreadsheet programs and general familiarity with database programs.
About PACIFIC BAMBOO RESOURCES
5409 47TH AVE SW, SEATTLE, WA 98136, US
PBR cultivates economic activities that restore the health of our natural and built environments and, in turn, create resilient, sustainable communities across the Pacific Northwest and beyond.
Since 2004, Pacific Bamboo Resources (PBR) has offered leadership and served communities, governments and industries - regionally and internationally - to research and pursue practical applications for bamboo resources. Our flagship program, Bamboo for Good (B4G), pursues international partnerships and projects. Visit our website for more information.