Stand Up for Kids: FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE MEMBER
5 people are interested
Fundraising Committee Members will be responsible for helping CCWF meet fundraising targets by encouraging current and potential supporters, assisting in the organization and implementation of our fundraising events, and working with individuals, communities and businesses to raise awareness of the charity's work, aims and goals. Ultimately, to increase the contributions of those individuals and groups by building relationships and exploring new fundraising techniques and ideas.
The Fundraising Committee Member will assist with the creation of and implementation of all CCWF wide events, fundraising, donor stewardship and event planning activities. This position provides valuable experience for community members looking for an non-profit experience with a monthly meeting commitment.
- Attend regular monthly meetings to discuss collaborations and future fundraising and events;
- Assist in event preparation & set up;
- Research, identify and contact potential sponsorship/ donors face-to-face, over-the-phone, or by e-mail;
- Search for new opportunities online and within the community for gaining new contacts to help secure silent auction donations;
- Assist creating a strong fundraising message that appeals to potential donors;
- Assist in growing and conducting fundraising strategies;
- Event planning and implementing bi-annual events;
- Organization of materials for the events;
- Marketing of the fundraising events;
- Build fundraiser and committee participation;
- Evaluate the success of previous fundraising events to make strategies to the next one
- Minimum 16 year-old who is self-motivated and directed;
- Able to attend monthly meetings which meet weeknights between 5:15p - 6:30p ;
- A strong interpersonal and communication skill set;
- The ability to plan, set goals and objectives, organize, and follow through;
- Forward thinking;
- Proactive team player;
- Some experience in special events, fundraising, sales, marketing/social media is not required, but would be an asset.
- This is a volunteer position/commitment
We'll work with your schedule.
411 Stevens St.Geneva, IL 60134
- Resource Development / Management
- Sales Marketing
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 16
- One, 1.5 hr session per month