Stand Up for Kids: FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE MEMBER
6 people are interested
Specifically for help with our 10th Anniversary Celebration on April 24, 2020.
Fundraising Committee Members will be responsible for helping CCWF meet fundraising targets by encouraging current and potential supporters, assisting in the organization and implementation of our fundraising efforts and working with individuals, communities, and businesses to raise awareness of the charity's work, aims and goals. Ultimately, to increase the contributions of those individuals and groups by building relationships and exploring new fundraising techniques and ideas.
The Fundraising Committee Member will assist with the creation of and implementation of all CCWF wide events, fundraising, donor stewardship, and event planning activities. This position provides valuable experience for community members looking for a non-profit experience with a monthly meeting commitment.
- Attend regular monthly meetings to discuss collaborations and future fundraising and events;
- Assist in event preparation & set up;
- Research, identify and contact potential sponsorship/ donors face-to-face, over-the-phone, or by e-mail;
- Search for new opportunities online and within the community for gaining new contacts to help secure silent auction donations;
- Assist creating a strong fundraising message that appeals to potential donors;
- Assist in growing and conducting fundraising strategies;
- Event planning and implementing bi-annual events;
- Organization of materials for the events;
- Marketing of the fundraising events;
- Build fundraiser and committee participation;
- Evaluate the success of previous fundraising events to make strategies to the next one
- Minimum 16-year-old who is self-motivated and directed;
- Able to attend monthly meetings which meet weeknights between 5:15p - 6:30p;
- A strong interpersonal and communication skill set;
- The ability to plan, set goals and objectives, organize, and follow-through;
- Proactive team player;
- Some experience in special events, fundraising, sales, marketing/social media is not required but would be an asset.
- This is a unpaid volunteer position/commitment
About Changing Children's Worlds Foundation
411 Steven St., Geneva, IL 60134, US
CCWF's vision is for every child and adolescent to have a strong network of caregivers engaged in supporting their positive development in nonviolent families and peaceful communities.
CCWF strives to improve children's worlds through awareness raising, education, and training throughout communities worldwide. Through our educational programs we address a universal need for all families to understand their child's needs and to give caregivers the confidence that they can support their child's development. We provide the foundation for participants in our program to give their children more positive life opportunities and experiences than they themselves had. CCWF strives to reduce the incidences of violence, maltreatment, and neglect through strengthening the capacity of parents, caregivers, and communities to care for children's health and emotional well-being.
411 Stevens StreetGeneva, IL 60134
- Resource Development / Management
- Sales Marketing
- Community Outreach
- Event Design & Planning
- Administrative Support
- Must be at least 16
- One, 1.5 hr session per month. Additional time the week prior to the April 24, 2020 event and the day of event.