Help Deploy People to National Disasters! - Idaho Falls
4 people are interested
The Idaho and Montana Region is looking for volunteers willing to be trained to help us deploy Red Cross volunteers to national and local disasters. This is NOT a deploying position. The Deployment Officer is a virtual position whose purpose is to maintain, deploy, and recruit volunteers to serve across the region and nation during disaster responses.
You will be an essential part of the American Red Cross Idaho Montana Region response team. This position is created to initiate and manage responses to all duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Notification to disaster responders that a response is imminent or has been activated
- Maintaining availability information of members
- Recruiting members for open positions
- Deploying members to Disaster Relief Operations
- Debrief returning members
- Maintain member profile information in Volunteer Connection
- Data Quality Assessment Reporting/Tool
- Identifies essential data points that are assessed for completeness and accuracy and then verified to ensure accurate data in the system
- Disaster Responder status
- Coordinate with Health Services regarding Hardship Codes & Health Status Records
- Communicate with member regarding GAP & Deployment Process
- Coordination of Reassignment Packets to proper level of leadership
- Monitor the DWA Team email box
- Maintain electronic communication with members. Some must be kept confidential
This is NOT an "on-scene" type disaster response position and can be done from the comfort of volunteers’ homes.
About American Red Cross Idaho and Montana
5380 W Franklin Rd, Boise, ID 83705, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
VirtualIdaho Falls, ID 83401
- Disaster Response
- Basic Computer Skills
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training