Prayer Partner - Begin Anew - Madison
2 people are interested
Do you have a desire to be a prayer partner to bring Hope to a person struggling to overcome obstacles caused by poverty? This is the opportunity for you!
Begin Anew is a faith based education program working to empower individuals to overcome obstacles created by poverty by providing education, mentoring and resources to adults age 18-55. Though education is the focus of our program, we feel that relationships and encouragement are the key to success. We are looking for volunteers to walk alongside our students as they work to achieve their goals.
A prayer partner will:
- Be paired with one or two adult students at a specific site and commit to praying for those students weekly for a 6 month period.
- Have one face-to-face meeting with the student.
- Communicate once a week an encouraging message and note that your are thinking about the student. (This can be done vi text, voicemail/phone call, email or mailed card.)
- Receive training and instruction on how to communicate and care for the student.
- Share monthly updates with the Program Director.
- Uphold the mission and statement of faith of Begin Anew.
No experience necessary. We simply ask for a desire to care for a student and encourage them along the process of reaching their goals.
We'll work with your schedule.
Madison Church of Christ106 Gallatin Pike N.Madison, TN 37115
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training