Social Media Intern - OC Waste & Recycling
13 people are interested
OC Waste & Recycling (OCWR) serves the County’s solid waste disposal needs by providing waste management services, protecting the environment and promoting recycling in order to ensure a safe and healthy community for current and future generations.
The Strategic Communications Team provides targeted public outreach to meet the educational and state mandated goals of the recycling message. Outreach includes community events, educational and promotional campaigns and strategic partnerships with Discovery Cube OC, Angels Baseball and the Anaheim Ducks. Key outreach and education centers around OCWR's commitment to environmental stewardship and the reduce, reuse, recycle message.
Intern duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to, one or more of the following projects that support OCWR's social media efforts:
- Participate in the development and implementation of new social media recommendations for OCWR
- Expand creative opportunities for social media calendars, content and massaging in support of OCWR’s mission
- Actively monitor social media sites, update posts and ongoing social media content on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Collaborate with public information officer and public outreach team to support coordinated outreach efforts
This internship is best suited for college students or recent graduates who have completed coursework or gained experience personally or professionally in marketing, public relations, communications, journalism, social media, graphic design, community relations or related fields.
Skills, Training or Qualifications:
Ideal candidates will have knowledge of and experience in MS Office publications and social media platforms and audiences for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Hootesuite; and they will demonstrate enthusiasm for the creative application of supporting visuals in the form of memes, gifs, Boomerang, Hyperlapse, live broadcasting, etc.
Minimum 12 - 15 hours per week for a minimum of three months. Hours may be scheduled during normal business hours (Monday - Friday between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.). Occasional on-site weekend event support may be required. Applicants able to schedule the maximum hours/duration listed for the internship typically gain a more in-depth experience.
Benefits Available to Intern:
Although this is an unpaid internship that does not lead to paid employment or include employee benefits, college students and recent graduates are offered an excellent opportunity to:
- Learn about social media management in the context of a government agency
- Provide significant strategic and creative contributions toward the development of social media activities
- Become familiar with how to align social media tactical efforts in support of various strategic communications objectives
- Fulfill college/university internship requirements
- Build resumes and network with professionals in their fields of interest
How to Apply:
Please submit resume, cover letter, unofficial transcript and examples of social media knowledge/experience to CountyofOrangeInterns@ocgov.com.
We'll work with your schedule.
300 North Flower StreetSanta Ana, CA 92703
- Social Media / Blogging
- Graphic Design
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Market Research / Analysis
- Video Production
- Must be at least 18
- 12 - 15 hours per week for 3 or more months
- This internship is for college students or recent college grads.