Bring your love of art and sklls to become a Visual Arts Volunteer Ambassador
3 people are interested
The Umbrella is looking for Visual Arts ambassadors!
What: The Umbrella’s Visual Arts Ambassador program offers those interested in supporting and participating in the contemporary art community the opportunity to participate in the day-to-day operations of a nonprofit arts organization. The Umbrella’s Visual Arts Ambassador will support the management of our Studio Arts and our Arts Gallery Programs, which include 50 artist studios and exhibition spaces focused on contemporary, expressive and public art. Integral to small team, interns work directly on a variety of projects and initiatives including artist professional development, event planning and production, designing and implementing exhibitions, marketing and social media, and interacting with the public. This role will have the chance to contribute and assist on meaningful projects that will provide an in-depth exposure to the work of a nonprofit arts organization.
Regular tasks include:
- Event coordination: support the planning and implementation of over 30 events annually including professional development seminars for artists, gallery exhibitions gallery openings, our speaker series and other special engagements.
- Exhibition Design and Implementation: Working with the Program Director and Gallery Committee to determine exhibition calendar, presenting artists and curators, and assist in the hanging of those exhibitions.
- Marketing and Social Media: Helps to document program activities for use in social media, website updates including but not limited to artist profiles, blog and social media posts, and campaign collateral.
- Administration: Data entry and records reconciliation including filing, copying, typing, prepares gallery labels and signage.
- Other tasks as assigned.
-Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to communicate progress, challenges and setbacks
- Act as an ambassador and resource to the public;
- Report to work for occasional evening, weekend and/or early morning commitments as required (discussed and approved beforehand)
We'll work with your schedule.
40 Stow Street57 ORNAC, Concord, MAConcord, MA 01742
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- Exhibition Arts
- Social Media / Blogging
- Administrative Support
- Arts Administration
- People 55+
- Must be at least 20
- A commitment of 4 months - 5-10 hours/week.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, Ability to communicate progress, challenges