Grant Writing Volunteer
Children and Families, Inc.
Objective: To research and identify funding sources for therapeutic services and planned activities offered by Children and Families, Inc., a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization that provides non-traditional mental health services to the community and/or those in need. The volunteer must share and be committed to the Mission of C & F, Inc. - To empower young children and families in overcoming adversities while promoting emotional well-being, health and family cohesion.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have a clear understanding of the funding sources that share in or have sincere interest in the organization’s mission
- Provide thorough research into grant-making organizations as well as determine and adhere to specific grant-making organization guidelines
- Be knowledgeable and clearly organize and document potential grant budgets
- Be creative, analytical, and persuasive when engaging potential funding sources
- Have active research and knowledge of the community and knowledge of current statistics and needs of the targeted population
- Assist in strategic planning for organization
- Bachelor’s degree or student in Business Administration or Management, Accounting, Communications, Writing, or related field
- Possesses excellent "people skills" and ability to work directly with a diverse organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with colleagues, other organizations, and potential funders and grant-making organizations
- Able to work independently, is task-oriented, and very well-organized
- Excellent time-management and strict compliance to potential grant deadlines
Please complete our Impact Member Form and let us know you are interested in volunteering as a Grant Writer or learning more about volunteering.
Please copy and paste this link to get to our Impact Member Interest Form: https://forms.gle/KpMTp5BpWMcskhz87
About Children and Families, Inc.
1525 AVIATION BLVD 389, REDONDO BEACH, CA 90278, US
To empower young children and families in overcoming adversities while promoting emotional well-being, health and family cohesion.
The Children and Families, Inc. (C & F, Inc.) is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempted, non-profit organization that provides comprehensive community and home-based, non-traditional psychological services. The services include individual, caregiver-child, family, and group psychotherapy as well as psychological, psycheducational, and developmental evaluations to individuals (ages birth to adults) in need. The children and families are often low-income, at-risk, trauma-exposed, and reside in disadvantaged homes and communities. Furthermore, C & F, Inc. offers unique services to children and families involved with the child welfare system and attempt to be proactive in working with families to improve relationships and to promote healthy reunification and permanence for children.
The staff is diverse, culturally-sensitive, and make every effort to meet the unique needs of each individual. Since C & F, Inc.’s conception in 2011, we have been in collaboration and/or provide direct consultation and training to various long-standing and reputable agencies in the Los Angeles and Long Beach area. Executive Director and clinical psychologist, La Faune Gordon, Ph.D. has provided direct clinical intervention, consultation, training, and/or supervision of 350 plus children, adolescents, and adults since the start of C & F, Inc. It is the desire of the organization to have a strong presence in the community and to provide timely and quality therapeutic services to those in need.