E. Valley Breast Cancer Survivors: Volunteer for a health study!
4 people are interested
Are you a breast cancer survivor age 45-75?
Do you want to improve your energy levels and well-being?
If you answered yes, you *definitely* want to volunteer for ASU's "Recovery and Rejuvenation" study!
As a volunteer, you will participate in a series of classes focused on gentle movement or educational support designed to improve your well-being. Your participation will help us identify the best way to support breast cancer survivors like you, and demonstrate the benefits of aftercare treatment to healthcare providers.
Contact us today via VolunteerMatch or:
- Stage 0-3 breast cancer survivor
- Age 45-75
- Ended treatment 6 months - 10 years ago
As an eligible volunteer, you will:
- Participate in 8 weeks of classes (one 60-minute class per week)
- Meet with our team 4 times throughout the study:
- One to three months before classes start to enroll you in the study (30 minute appointment)
- One week before classes start (60-90 minute appointment)
- One week after classes end (60-90 minute appointment)
- 24 weeks after classes end (45 minute appointment)
- Practice class activities for about 20 minutes per day (2.5 hours total)
- Record your sleep quality
- At two points in the study, collect a saliva sample to look at a stress hormone
- At three points in the study, wear a device around your wrist (like a Fitbit) to record your physical activities and sleep. You will wear this device for a 7 day period.
- Classes are at Banner Baywood Hospital:
6644 E. Baywood Avenue, Mesa, AZ 85206
- Study related appointments are held in downtown Phoenix at the ASU College of Nursing and Arizona Biomedical Campus
- We will provide you $70 in gift cares to thank you for your commitment to our study.
- We will cover parking costs for all study appointments.
- We are hopeful your class participation will help improve your energy levels and overall well-being!
Note: Because this is a research study, not all survivors will qualify to volunteer. We will ask you some questions over the phone to determine your eligibility. Those who do not qualify can still attend our classes as a non-research participant.
About College of Nursing and Health Innovation, Arizona State University
500 N 3rd Street, Phoenix, AZ 85004, US
The Recovery and Rejuvenation study's goal is to identify ways to improve energy levels and well-being among breast cancer survivors.
The Recovery and Rejuvenation study is a collaboration between the Mayo Clinic, ASU's College of Nursing and Health Innovation, and University of Arizona. Our study is motivated by that it is very common for breast cancer survivors to report low energy levels, poor memory, or trouble sleeping for months--even years--after their cancer treatment.
Through our free, innovative classes focused on well-being and support, we will explore ways to help breast cancer survivors reclaim their energy and well-being during their recovery journey.
6644 E. Baywood AvenueMesa, AZ 85206
- People 55+
- Must be at least 45
- Orientation or Training
- 8 weeks of classes plus at-home activities, equals about 3 hours per week