Community Outreach Coordinator / Northwest Suburbs
The Community Outreach Coordinator is an experienced professional responsible for cultivating strategic partnerships through community outreach activities. This position develops sponsorship/business arrangements and relationships with businesses, individuals, schools and other organizations interested in supporting In Her Shoes Foundation general operations and program areas. This position interfaces regularly with the leadership team and reports to the Executive Director.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Work with IHSF leadership to develop and implement a comprehensive and innovative community outreach plan targeting individual, private, corporate, school and other organizations.
· Work collaboratively and seamlessly with staff to identify new potential foundation, individual, private, corporate, school and other organization partners.
· Determine potential partners relevant to IHSF through ongoing research and evaluation, and cultivate those prospects that best align with IHSF’s strategic short- and long-term priorities and needs.
· Solicit grants, gifts, and sponsorships from new and continuing partners.
· Submit proposals to engage potential partners on behalf of IHSF in a timely and consistent manner. This includes developing concepts, gathering and formatting information and preparing clear communications.
· Research and assist in developing plans for expanding the IHSF presence.
· Serve as an ambassador of the mission of IHSF in the interaction with current and potential partners and the media.
· Maintain current reports submitted to the Executive Board
Position Qualifications and Knowledge :
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree required.
· Five plus years of business/development experience. Marketing experience highly desirable.
· Proven success in meeting and exceeding performance goals.
· Must have documented successful partnership cultivation experience and a keen understanding of fundraising/income development.
Job Knowledge and Skills :
· Has a strong performance orientation and skillful strategic thinking. Establishes clear expectations and continuously measures performance.
· The ability to work through stringent deadlines with acute attention to detail is required. Maintains focus on priorities.
· Self-starter with the ability to manage time effectively.
· Demonstrates excellence in both oral and written communications. Knowledge of external communications and cultivation techniques are essential.
· A high degree of integrity in dealing with confidential donor, supported family and financial information.
· Ability to coordinate all aspects of an event including - logistics, correspondence, financial reports and printed materials.
· Ability to coordinate and lead committee meetings.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
In Her Shoes Foundation is run entirely by volunteers. If you have the passion to help women and want to use your skills to help the organization grow, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted.
We'll work with your schedule.
1580 N Northwest Highway Suite 200Park Ridge, IL 60068
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training