During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and to explore our growing directory of both COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
The Community Outreach Coordinator is an experienced professional responsible for cultivating strategic partnerships through community outreach activities. This position develops sponsorship/business arrangements and relationships with businesses, individuals, schools and other organizations interested in supporting In Her Shoes Foundation general operations and program areas. This position interfaces regularly with the leadership team and reports to the Executive Director.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Work with IHSF leadership to develop and implement a comprehensive and innovative community outreach plan targeting individual, private, corporate, school and other organizations.
· Work collaboratively and seamlessly with staff to identify new potential foundation, individual, private, corporate, school and other organization partners.
· Determine potential partners relevant to IHSF through ongoing research and evaluation, and cultivate those prospects that best align with IHSF’s strategic short- and long-term priorities and needs.
· Solicit grants, gifts, and sponsorships from new and continuing partners.
· Submit proposals to engage potential partners on behalf of IHSF in a timely and consistent manner. This includes developing concepts, gathering and formatting information and preparing clear communications.
· Research and assist in developing plans for expanding the IHSF presence.
· Serve as an ambassador of the mission of IHSF in the interaction with current and potential partners and the media.
· Maintain current reports submitted to the Executive Board
Position Qualifications and Knowledge :
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree required.
· Five plus years of business/development experience. Marketing experience highly desirable.
· Proven success in meeting and exceeding performance goals.
· Must have documented successful partnership cultivation experience and a keen understanding of fundraising/income development.
Job Knowledge and Skills :
· Has a strong performance orientation and skillful strategic thinking. Establishes clear expectations and continuously measures performance.
· The ability to work through stringent deadlines with acute attention to detail is required. Maintains focus on priorities.
· Self-starter with the ability to manage time effectively.
· Demonstrates excellence in both oral and written communications. Knowledge of external communications and cultivation techniques are essential.
· A high degree of integrity in dealing with confidential donor, supported family and financial information.
· Ability to coordinate all aspects of an event including - logistics, correspondence, financial reports and printed materials.
· Ability to coordinate and lead committee meetings.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
In Her Shoes Foundation is run entirely by volunteers. If you have the passion to help women and want to use your skills to help the organization grow, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted.
155 N MICHIGAN AVE STE 9012, CHICAGO, IL 60601, US
In Her Shoes Foundation (IHSF) is a 501(c)3 organization that is dedicated to making a positive impact on society by empowering women and girls. OUR VISION is to empower and inspire every woman and girl to be her personal best. OUR MISSION is to embrace the potential of all women and girls by providing: • Positive Influences • Learning Opportunities • Community Partnerships • Leadership Development OUR CORE VALUES form the foundation of how we conduct ourselves as an organization. These are also the qualities we value and encourage in our members and volunteers. We are: • Accountable • Empathetic • Intentional • Authentic • Inclusive
A NOTE FROM OUR FOUNDER
In Her Shoes Foundation has over 60 committee volunteers who run this organization on a daily basis, in addition to working their full-time jobs and fulfilling their everyday obligations as parents, spouses, siblings, daughters - or sons and friends. When I founded this foundation in 2008 we originally called it The Positive Girls Club. It was envisioned as an organization that would support women of all ages who were determined to make positive changes in their lives. I started hosting monthly professional development workshops to inspire, connect, educate, and support the women in our community. Today, over 10 years later, we’re now known as In Her Shoes Foundation, and our flagship program, Ready Set Girls Academy, is exceeding our goals year over year for reaching young women preventatively. This curriculum-based program is run by our volunteer group mentors and is being delivered within public and private high schools. In addition we partnered with multiple community organization who support our initiative.
Today, we are achieving our vision of empowering and inspiring every woman and girl to be her personal best. We currently have three programs and hope to expand in the next couple of years. Please learn more about the Professional Development Program and the Giving Back Program via www.inhershoesfoundation.org
Thank you for attending and supporting our events.
Kasia Wereszczynska, MA, LCPC, RYT.
We'll work with your schedule.
1580 N Northwest Highway Suite 200Park Ridge, IL 60068
February 20, 2020