Volunteer Recruitment Team Member
2 people are interested
Love meeting new people and sharing your passion? Help us recruit new volunteers to support the mission of the American Red Cross!
We're building a team of Red Cross volunteers to assist in targeted and proactive recruitment of the volunteer positions we need most to carry out the mission of the Red Cross. To do this we need volunteers to partner with us to help promote our most needed positions by attending recruitment events, giving presentations, and researching new avenues of recruitment. Whether it's tabling events, blood drives, presentations at organizations, or club rush at schools, we're getting the word out about all our awesome volunteer opportunities!
If you'd like to help us share the Red Cross story, gain experience in teaching and research, and have the opportunity to network with other organizations and groups, please consider joining our team!Responsibilities:
* Attend scheduled recruitment events and presentations, promoting Red Cross volunteer opportunities with a team of other volunteers.
* Identify businesses, groups, clubs or other community groups where potential volunteers might exist.
* Reach out, with the direction of local leadership, to groups to make arrangements for the most appropriate recruitment delivery method.
* Confirm all aspects, including the appropriate presentation, materials needed, and other supports required to meet the need of the recruitment opportunity.
* Works with departments to recruit current volunteers for new opportunities and leadership positions.
* Equips departments with tools they need to make a pitch for volunteering when they are out in the community talking about the Red Cross.
* Enthusiastic about Red Cross mission and programs.
* Recruiting experience OR the ability to effectively communicate Red Cross mission and activities in a manner that is both attractive and realistic (training will be provided).
* Public speaking capabilities.
* Independent problem solving abilities
* Transportation to and from community events, meetings, and trainings.
* Excellent communications skills, both written and spoken.
* Ability to represent the organization in a truly professional manner.
Interested or have questions? Contact Beth Ratcliff at Beth.Ratcliff2@redcross.org or (657) 270-4091.
We'll work with your schedule.
600 Park Center Dr.Santa Ana, CA 92705
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 hours per month