Transformation Through Service Coordinator
Transformation Through Service Coordinator
Visionary Leader cultivating the Excellent Leader
Ma ka hana ka 'ike
Service with Soul
Title: Transformation Through Service Director
Hours: 10 hours/month
Compensation: Volunteer position with leadership development, free access to Shakti Rising classes, connection with global Shakti Rising community personal coaching and training, opportunity to grow significant technical, interpersonal and leadership skills
Responsible to: Leadership team
Team leader to: Volunteer Teams
Focus: The primary focus of Shakti Rising’s Transformation Through Service Director is to cultivate emerging leadership and a passion for community service in Shakti Rising’s potential and current volunteers and staff by sustaining and guiding the Transformation through Service Program. This program provides a living laboratory through which all volunteer activity interfaces with the Shakti’s model of transformation. This model of volunteerism/leadership infuses the passions, motivations and convictions of volunteers with the service work they perform, resulting in the quality of volunteers’ work and presence increasing, which in turn benefits the growth of the individual and organization. Transformation through Service is the heart of Shakti Rising that pumps inspiration and support into each program area from its deep belief to carry out the mission of Shakti Rising.
Energetic Job Description: The Director of Transformation through Service oversees the quality of leadership within the Shakti Rising organization. This position ensures that the volunteer activity within Shakti Rising is strengthening the organization’s community and program service delivery. This position oversees the recruitment and management of volunteers; facilitates team building with staff, volunteers and Apprentices. This position maintains quality relationships with Shakti Rising volunteers and Apprentices to ensure that they are doing their best work in the Shakti Rising community and experiencing transformation in the process of their service. This position also maintains relationships with individuals and organizations in the larger community in order to facilitate sharing of resources.
Volunteering with Shakti Rising is a leadership cultivation pathway
where service is a catalyst for mutual growth:
ours, yours, and the community’s.
- Implement a model of volunteerism that provides an opportunity for people to participate in the alchemy of personal transformation through service work. Through this model teaching and training volunteers and apprentices the principles of service work.
- To maintain an infrastructure that has the capacity to monitor and evaluate the life cycle of volunteers, their quality of experience and their contributions to Shakti Rising program areas.
- Recruit, orient, screen, train, place, and support an abundant number of volunteers to allow Shakti to run at optimal capacity in all program areas.
- Assist in the training and cultivation of leadership of volunteers, Apprentices, and staff.
- Screening, orienting, interviewing and training new volunteers.
- Fielding and filling intra-organizational requests for specific volunteer needs within programs or for fundraising events.
- Work as a service-oriented ambassador to various individuals and organizations
- Maintain a flourishing, vibrant, and engaged community of current and past volunteers at Shakti Rising.
- Evaluate and track the Transformation Through Service program’s activity and growth.
- Expand leadership curriculum and training outlines to meet the current needs of participants
- Planting seeds for a meaningful corporate volunteer program that supports organization funding streams and cultivates service and leadership within the community
- Support staff in developing leadership of volunteer teams
- The ability to create, cultivate, and maintain strong community relationships.
- Flexibility and problem-solving skills that are creative and "out of the box."
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in email, Google Drive, Salesforce
- Works well with little or no direct management.
- Able to complete multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Able to work collaboratively on core projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including experience with written publications and public speaking.
- Passionate about gender-specific, trauma-informed services.
- Ability to give and receive both positive and constructive feedback.
- Strong leadership skills to direct and work with a large volunteer base.
Embodiment of Shakti Rising Model:
- Ensuring the Living Tree system is being used and creating a healthy feedback loop
- Volunteer appreciation events
Supporting of Infrastructure:
- Maintain and uplevel tracking system that monitors and tracks the entire lifespan of a volunteer (keep in mind how to expand)
- Initial Contact
- Orientation and Intake
- Enrollment/Engagement of services
- Progress, performance and follow up
- Completion of service/projects
- Ensure highest quality of volunteerism by monitoring:
- The effectiveness of volunteer contributions
- The success of volunteer efforts
- The level of engagement in the Shakti community
- Receive support and create alliances with other organizations
- Maintain and build upon profile for ideal volunteers and targeted marketing and recruitment practices
- Identify and address program and staff needs for effective volunteer support
- Develop strong volunteer retention through recognition, meaningful engagement, through team and personal coaching by volunteer director.
About Shakti Rising
2211 O St., Sacramento, CA 95816, US
Shakti Rising is a social change organization transforming the lives of women, girls, and the larger community. We cultivate health and emerging leadership in women and girls, ultimately empowering them to utilize their personal transformation as a catalyst for positive change in their families and communities. This creates gradual cultural change that supports sustainable, cooperative, healthy societies. Our work actively promotes community well-being by creating woman and child-friendly societies that are safe, healthy, vibrant, diverse, sustainable, and culturally alive.Our mission is to empower women to uncover, rediscover, and reclaim their whole selves
Shakti Rising is active in 5 regions, San Diego and Sacramento CA, Bend OR, Las Cruces NM, and Johnson City TN. We work with volunteers from all over the United States and beyond. We have three program areas: Transformational Recovery, Shakti Feminine University, and Transformation Through Service. Our three programs support women and the larger community to dive deeply into their own personal recovery, education, and leadership development. Our volunteer program is a leadership program, we are a living laboratory of leading from the feminine.