7 people are interested
Project Manager for Website Development
7 people are interested
Ayiti Now Corp is a 501(c)(3) organization based in Miami, Florida and created for empowering marginalized Haiti children of poverty (known as "Restavek" in Haitian Creole, the local language) through our educational and support programs.
Role brief: The Project Manager for Website Development is a virtual volunteer position that reports directly to the Project Manager for Content. The P.M. of Website Development will be responsible for executing, managing, coordinating and improving the development and management of Haiti Now websites, including designing, coding and modifying said websites from proposed layout to desired function and according to required specifications. The individual will be working with other Marketing P.M.s and Project Managers from other core functions in order to realize the Marketing goals of the organization.
- Work with the Marketing team to create and manage website creation and maintenance for Haiti Now, including appropriate page layouts, website styling and page features
- Ensure web development efforts remain within Haiti Now Marketing design, scope and budget
- Develop comprehensive application testing procedures and maintain current applications to meet evolving security and functionality needs and standards as required
- Responsible for troubleshooting issues quickly and staying up-to-date on current and emerging technologies, standards and trends
- Document website build and maintenance including troubleshooting issues
- Follow and implement industry accepted best practices and tools
- Bachelor’s required, Data background preferred
- 2 years experience with website development and management preferred
- Website development certifications preferred (images needed if available)
- Knowledge of and expertise with UI, cross-browser compatibility, object oriented programming (OOP) design, general web functions and standards required
- Knowledge of and expertise in designing Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc.) required
- Understanding of and experience with practical application of security principles required
- Experience in planning, executing and delivering software platforms preferred
- Experience or knowledge working with a non-profit or social issue preferred
- Certification as a Project Management Professional (P.M.P.) or relevant on-the-job experience in Project Management required
- Minimum volunteer hours expected: 4 hrs per week
- Fluent in spoken and written English, able to communicate clearly and consistently
- Reliable internet connection a must
- Motivated self starter with the ability to work independently with purpose and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Google Suite Apps such as Drive, Sheets, etc.
- Familiarity with or quick adoption of Trello and Slack tools important
About Haiti Now (Ayiti Now Corp)
1300 Washington Ave., #662, Miami Beach, FL 33119, US
Haiti-Now is dedicated to empowering Haitian girls living in domestic servitude to overcome poverty and exploitation to achieve economic security. Ayiti Now Corp is a 501(c)(3) organization. (Ayiti = Haiti in Creole) After completing onboarding, regardless of the role and team you are joining, your first assignment will be to start a fundraising campaign. Haiti Now will provide further guidance for you to have a quick and successful fundraiser.
To see girls in domestic servitude overcome extreme poverty, heal emotional trauma, and live rewarding lives.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 12, 2021
- Project Management
- Website Project Management