Enjoy working with kids? Become and Youth Education Volunteer! (Beaumont, CA)
DONATE TO THIS
11 people are interested
As volunteers with LINC, you will help low-income youth achieve not only academic but also personal growth and success. Research shows that due to the lack of resources there is a greater likelihood that a low-income child will face incarceration than ever complete a single college course. This is a discouraging statistic. We are breaking this trend. Youth Education Volunteers at LINC Cares serve at after-school programs and summer camps that provide fun recreational activities, support strong educational habits, and promote good health and positive social development for children in our communities.
- Providing homework support and 1-to-1 tutoring
- Organizing recreational, computer, and arts & crafts activities
- Promoting positive social development
- Mentoring and being a positive role model
- Setting up & cleaning up of facility
Volunteers serve at the after-school program one weekday per week from 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm.
Youth education services take place directly at LINC Housing apartments inside LINC Cares community centers. Our staff and volunteers’ primary goal is to keep kids safe by creating an environment that fosters learning and creativity--free of charge to those most in need.
Learn new skills and have fun, all while improving the lives of low-income youth in our community!
How to Enroll:
To qualify as a Youth Education Volunteer, applicants must be at least 18 years of age and submit to a background verification. Getting involved is as easy as taking 4 simple steps:
- Visit our website at: http://www.linchousing.org/linccares/vol_form.html and complete the online application.
- You will be contacted by a LINC staff member to schedule an orientation appointment. Processing an application usually takes a few days; however, some seasons are busier than others. If you’d like to start ASAP, feel free to contact Asia Bogan at the email below.
- Attend an orientation where you will meet onsite staff, receive a tour of the facility, and be introduced to LINC and the responsibilities of its volunteers.
- You will be contacted after orientation for placement in the activity of your choice.
For more information, please contact Asia Bogan at 562-684-1148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About LINC Housing
3590 Elm Avenue, Long Beach, CA 90807, US
LINC provides affordable housing for people underserved by the marketplace. Our communities are known for excellent design, outstanding management and life-enhancing services.
LINC Housing builds, owns, and operates affordable housing for low-income families and seniors throughout California. Its resident service department, LINC Cares, provides life-enhancing services to residents. Our staff members teach and collaborate with nearby agencies to facilitate classes and activities that cover health, exercise, financial literacy, after-school care, ESL, computer skills, crafts, volunteer opportunities, social events, and field trips to experience science, nature, and the arts.
Check us out!
Facebook - www.facebook.com/LINCCaresCA
Instagram - @LINC_Cares
We'll work with your schedule.
Liberty Village Apartments735 Illinois AvenueBeaumont, CA 92223
- General Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 1 day a week (for at least 3 months)