HOSPICE PATIENT VOLUNTEERS NEEDED. HELPING PATIENTS IN MINNEAPOLIS
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
Moments Hospice is looking for volunteers to join our team. Our patients are terminally ill and in their final stages of life. As a Hospice Volunteer you will be visiting patients in their home or in nursing facilities.
We need volunteers who are willing to do some of the following to help us reach our number one goal of making sure each patient gets the best care and support they need.
Volunteers can do some of the following:
- Read the paper or a book to a patient.
- Share hobbies.
- Play & listen to soothing music.
- Talk to patients.
- Bring flowers from a garden.
- Share photos.
- Just sit quietly and be the gift of presence for them.
The benefits of being a Moments Hospice Volunteer includes:
- Enhancing a volunteer’s sense of self-worth by befriending someone with great wisdom but a limited opportunity to share it.
- Giving the volunteer the opportunity to practice important skills used in the workplace, such as teamwork, communication, problem solving, project planning, task management, and organization.
- Meeting new people and gaining a different perspective on life.
We'll work with your schedule.
Patients Home or FacilitiesMinneapolis, MN 55422
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- Bereavement Support
- Reading / Writing
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Weekly, bi-weekly, depends on the family need.