Science Expert Volunteer
7 people are interested
Summary: The Science Expert Volunteer serves as an expert and an extra helping hand to the Education department in preparing specialized workshops, activities and experiments. This supports The Leonardo’s mission to create experiences that inspire creativity and innovation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Run scheduled Science floor activities independently at pre-scheduled times
- Prep specialized Science supplies for workshops, activities and experiments
- Encourage Visitors to create and build projects in an exciting and fun teaching style
- Assist staff members in maintaining a clean and creative space
- Alert staff when exhibit components are out of order
- Other tasks assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have a Science background
- Must present a professional appearance and a friendly manner
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Be courteous and personable when dealing with the public
- Be patient, understanding, and helpful with children
- Be willing to learn and teach Science activities to the public
- Be comfortable addressing crowds
- All volunteers will be given specific training that will be done during your shift.
- Our Science activities change regularly, therefore additional training for each new activity will be provided.
- Minimum of 8 hours per month; 6 month commitment
- 16 years or older, high school or college students preferred. If you are under the age of 18, a parent’s signature will be required.
- Background checks are required for all volunteers.
- Shifts are 4 hours long.
- Start and end times are: 11am-3pm (Saturdays & Sundays)
We'll work with your schedule.
The Leonardo209 East 500 SouthSalt Lake City, UT 84111
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 8 hours a month
- 6 month commitment