1 person is interested
Cafe Aide - Muskie Community Center
1 person is interested
Spectrum Generations Muskie Community Center is in need of a Café Aide, Monday and Tuesday (or as available, days can be flexible) 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. during congregate meal times.
Volunteer will assist kitchen staff in preparation of Meals on Wheels and/or congregate dining /lunch. Volunteer will help with all aspects of clean-up before, during, and after meal preparation and dining. This volunteer would help to create a positive environment for consumers and others.
- Entering consumers into computer and using a cash register
- Helping with preparation of coffee and desserts, etc.
- Setting and breaking down tables
- Stocking/replenishing shelves as needed
- Following all accepted safety and sanitation requirements
- Performing other duties as needed to meet organizational goals
About Spectrum Generations
1 Weston Ct, PO Box 2589, Augusta, ME 04338, US
Promoting life-long learning, health, wellness, nutrition, community engagement and social well-being of all older and disabled adults.
Spectrum Generations spans four decades as a leading nonprofit provider of innovative solutions to the challenges of meals, care-giving, counseling, socialization, wellness, and life-long learning to seniors, maturing adults, and the disabled. Our mission is to secure positive outcomes through at-home and community-based services in rural, city, and small town settings for vulnerable aging and disabled populations.
- Offers a variety of assistance and services to seniors and disabled adults and their families ranging from a friendly helping hand to trained care including Meals on Wheels, Adult DayBreak, Family Caregiver Services, Money Management, and Bridges Personal Services and Care Management.
- Provides information about questions and concerns on a wide variety of issues that impact adults including Maine Care, Medicare, money-saving benefits programs as well as referral services and community presentations.
- Encourages the passions of aging and/or disabled adults and their families for lifelong learning through programs, classes, and workshops at our seven community centers.
- Provides opportunities and connections to participate in rewarding experiences such as social dining, travel, fitness and wellness programs, special events, and volunteer opportunities.
Muskie Community Center38 Gold StreetWaterville, ME 04901
September 24, 2021
- Customer Service
- Food Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Time frame is from 9:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. during Mondays and Tuesdays for congregate lunches served. Days are flexible depending on your availability.
- This position has a minimal use of a tablet or laptop to check off consumers as they pay for their meals.