September Tour Guide Training- September Wednesday mornings
10 people are interested
Your time and talents can truly make a difference.
The Orange County Regional History Center seeks active, vibrant volunteers for guiding school groups through the museum galleries.
Help us bring the past to life
The rewards are rich as you help future generations learn and grow. We also offer volunteer opportunities as department interns, hosts at our events, and assistants in the Joseph L. Brechner Research Center.
- Have fun while helping children
- Inspire tomorrow’s change-makers
- Learn fascinating tales from the past
- One-day-a-week commitment
Volunteer Training - Museum Tour Guides SEPTEMBER
Training Part 1 - Exhibit Content & Museum Teaching Techniques
- September 4: 9 -10 a.m., fourth-floor exhibits
- September 11: 9 -10 a.m., second-floor exhibits
- September 18: 9 -10 a.m., third-floor exhibits
- September 25: 9 -10 a.m., museum teaching techniques & best practices
*All four training dates are required before moving on to the next phase of training.
Training Part 2 - Practice
- October: Any four scheduled days, 10 a.m. -12:30 p.m., co-teaching
BENEFITS AND AWARDS FOR ACTIVE VOLUNTEERS
Engaging, Rewarding Experience
Invitations to Quarterly Appreciation Brunches, Special Exhibition Tours, Docent Trainings & History Center Events
After 100 hours of volunteer service:
Individual Membership - Historical Society of Central Florida, Inc.
Eligibility for President’s Volunteer Service Award
Recognition during National Volunteer Appreciation Week each April
Free parking validation during scheduled volunteer shifts.
Orange County Regional History Center- a Central Florida Arts & Cultural museum seeking tour guide volunteers, available one morning per week, starting at 10am. History Center tours explore the Florida Aquifer, co-existing with wild animals, and learn about Natives, Pioneers, cattle & citrus, transportation & tourists. Volunteer benefits include RSVP affiliation, invitations to volunteer events, 100 hour membership award & more!
Orange County Regional History Center
65 East Central Blvd
Orlando, FL 32801
65 East Central BoulevardOrlando, FL 32801
- Teaching / Instruction
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- History Center volunteers commit to one weekday morning per week. 10am - 12:30pm.