Education, Urban-Farming & Recycling volunteers needed for ambitious project in China!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Travelling to China to volunteer can sometimes be a daunting prospect, and devoting your time is one of the most generous things you can do. At D&A we want our volunteers to know we appreciate this and instead of charging you, as some volunteer companies do, we look to ensure that you aren’t just rewarded through the work you do, but for the amazing people you are!
The following positions are available with us, we take each applicant on a case by case basis, experience in these areas isn’t always necessary so don’t hesitate in applying, for us passion beats experience:
- English Speaking Teachers
- Dance Teachers
- Art Teachers
- Music Teachers, various instruments
- Urban & Aquatic Farmers
- Jacks of all Trades
*Please check our PROJECTS page at www.dandaschool.com/projects for more information about each role
We provide all accommodation for free and provide a healthy living allowance for each volunteer who comes to work with us, as well as a long list of random goodies to make your life in China not just enjoyable, but something that will live with you for a lifetime.
What is the accommodation like?
- Kitchen, shared and fully kitted to enable you to eat how you like when you like
- Bedrooms, with soft mattresses. We aim to provide everyone with private rooms, though in some cases shared accommodation
- Living Room, comfortable sofa and projector for watching movies, but you’ll normally be out having fun!
- Hot water and washing facilities, for those who worry China still hasn’t caught up with the rest of the world!
- Electricity and gas provided free of charge, you won’t have to pay a thing
Anything else provided?
- 4000rmb a month volunteer allowance for use on food, travel or as you see fit
- Free use of school bikes and e-bikes to explore the local area and get around
- 3 free Chinese language and culture lessons a week
- Invitations to family dinners, festivals and cultural events
- Tours of the local areas, caves, mountains, lakes and hiking routes
- Full "awake hour" translation and travel assistance by phone and Skype so you never have to worry about getting lost in translation!
- Lots of other small random stuff, meals on the weekends, 2 days off a week, full teacher training, all work materials paid for, the list goes on and on...
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for bright, talented and imaginative people to come and be apart of our team. You need to be outgoing, fun and ready to create work off your own back, we want to really make a difference and need people who have the same drive and belief to help us achieve this!
How do we pay for this?
We are a self-funded non-profit, we do this through asking those who can afford our education services (students and partnership schools) to make set donations to us, this enables us to then provide for those who can’t afford it, as well as give funding to our other projects. As such all roles require a minimum of 1-2 days English teaching a week in order to allow us to both fund the projects and enable volunteers to have a great time. If you’d like to learn more about how we fund ourselves in more detail then please CONTACT US with any questions you may have.
How long can I stay?
Lengths of stay vary depending on what time you would like to commit, most of our positions require a minimum stay of at least 3-6 months due to the type of projects we are looking to carry out and the commitment we have to provide to them. If you are unsure you are able to commit to this length of time then please let us know in your application and for those who want to stay for a while, we are have had people volunteer with us for years.
MLK AvenueLakewood, NJ 08701
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Environmental Education
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum 3 months
- Must be able to relocate to China