PASS AmeriCorps Program Leader
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
One year from January 8 - August 31 (675 hours)
PASS AmeriCorps Program Leaders will work with Badgerland Council staff to deliver Girl Scout Leadership and Troop experiences through partnerships with other PASS host sites in Dane County. These Girl Scouts PASS members will have the opportunity to work as a team to deliver weekly troop experiences for girls in after-school programming. Tutoring will not be a component of this position. This position may also include adult volunteer recruitment, supporting summer day camp programs for middle school girls, and supporting a series-based Girl Scout leadership experience for middle school girls.
- Facilitate weekly after-school troop experiences and programs at identified sites which incorporate Girl Scout programming with an emphasis on improved academic achievement, school attendance, and leadership development.
- Maintain registration records for all participants.
- Participate in weekly AmeriCorps members meetings and training hours (as available).
- Complete data reporting as needed for programs.
- Take leadership in curriculum development and program implementation.
- Assist in developing community service projects & adult volunteer recruitment.
- Ensure a safe and enriching environment for participants and the community.
- Assist in planning and lead implementing of special projects.
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings with the supervisor to maintain open communication about the status of groups in which position is responsible for leading.
- Know and follow all policies, standards, and procedures of the Girl Scouts of the U.S.A. and Girl Scouts of Wisconsin - Badgerland Council, Inc.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- At least one year volunteer or paid experience in youth work or social services preferred
- Ability to build positive relationships and create an accepting atmosphere
- Ability to be energetic and creative
- Experience in behavior management of adolescent youth
- Experience working with youth and staff from many socio-economic & ethnic backgrounds
- A desire to learn and teach in a fun and challenging work environment
- Bringing a positive attitude to work daily and maintain open communication with fellow staff
- Programming will occur during the after-school and evening hours so candidates must be able to commit to flexible hours including some weekends and most weekday evenings
PASS AmeriCorps Requirements:
- Serve 675 hours by August 31
- Be a citizen of the United States, a United States national, or a legal permanent resident of the United States
- Have a high school degree or equivalent (or agrees to obtain a high school diploma or GED)
- Be a least 17 years old
- Pass a criminal background check including the National Sex Offender Registry, State(s) registry, and FBI fingerprint
We'll work with your schedule.
2710 Ski LaneMadisonMadison, WI 53713
- Child Development
- Youth Services
- Must be at least 18