Creative Youth Program Support
5 people are interested
Be part of our First Generation community. Join us on Mondays and Wednesdays from 2:30 to 6:00 and for occasional cultural field trips. Help to make it all happen!
- Attend an orientation and training
- Help with coordination and logistics
- Help with set-up and breakdown for Monday/Wednesday workshops, our performances and events
- Participate in artistic and leadership workshop and trainings along with the youth (if you want to)
- Support the First Generation during performances and community events
- Help with transportation
- Reliable, consistent, playful, good communication skills, flexible,
- Cares about youth and their future
- Committed to social justice and making a difference
- Interested in community building
- Has reliable access to transportation
- Multi-lingual a plus
- References please
About The Performance Project
300 Appleton St, Holyoke, MA 01040, US
MISSION The Performance Project is an arts community of many ages and ancestries that engages young people in artistic training, inter-generational mentoring, leadership development, and community building through the arts.
THE PERFORMANCE PROJECT
The Performance Project began in 2000 as a theater and movement workshop at the Hampshire Jail and House of Corrections in Northampton, MA. We collaborated incarcerated men to create performances based on their personal life experiences to encourage self-reflection and healing.
Our work with youth began in 2008 with First Generation youth program.
First Generation engages youth in artistic training, inter-generational mentoring, leadership development, social justice and community building through the arts. First Gen members may be the first in their family to grow up in the US, to speak English, to graduate high school, go to college, be openly LGBT+, be an activist, break a silence, among many other firsts....
First Gen youth participants create original multi-lingual physical theater. Our plays have been performed in schools, colleges, theaters, summits and conferences in Western Massachusetts, and at two international theater festivals.
Visual Art Residencies bring our artistic and community building process to youth who are incarcerated and in treatment.
Sullivan School400 Jarvis AveHolyoke, MA 01040
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Youth Services
- Social Work
- Theater Arts
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Mondays and Wednesdays from 2:30 to 6:00pm (
- A good driving record