StarkFresh Executive Board Member
12 people are interested
StarkFresh has been undergoing changes over the past two years as part of refinement and clearer focus on the work that we do and the impact that work does. During this time we have strengthened our board and we are looking for an at-large member to join to further help us to expand
upon the good that we have been doing throughout the community.
If you are unaware of all that StarkFresh does, starting at our website www.starkfresh.org as well as taking a peek at our Facebook page www.facebook.com/starkfresh are good places to start.
StarkFresh is tackling the causes of hunger by creating realistic pathways out of poverty.
I would also be more than happy to meet with you to discuss how you can help and answer
Here are some quick facts about the board itself.
* Currently 11 members (Looking for an at-large board member)
* Physical board meetings held every month (typically)
* Meetings held 6:30-9pm on the third Wednesday of those months (typically)
* Monthly board correspondence via email
Commitment from you as a board member
* Attend physical meetings
* Be willing to advocate for StarkFresh
* Be an active participant in guiding the future direction of StarkFresh
* Support the activities, program and fundraising efforts of StarkFresh
* Financial responsibility of $500 equivalent annually
* Take an active role in fundraising and other committee work
* Volunteer 20 hours of helping each year
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
328 Walnut Ave NE, Canton, OH 44702, US
Our Mission is to improve healthy food access and advance food and farming education to everyone in Stark County. We envision a Stark County where a culture of healthy eating creates people who are healthier and communities that are rejuvenated and empowered. We are connecting growers, consumers, and producers to help create a food system that focuses on making locally-sourced, nutrient-dense, and affordable foods available to everyone in Stark County. We support learning and teaching opportunities that promote the growth, use, and sale of local foods and assist in the growth of urban agricultural employment.
We currently have four core programs that we deliver to our community that address these initial challenges that we had identified all those years ago.Mobile Grocery Market
Our Mobile Grocery Market, otherwise known as the "Veggie Mobile" is our answer to bringing a variety of produce and fresh foods to individuals with mobility challenges throughout our community.
Urban Farming Sites
Nothing tastes better than homegrown produce. Our farm sites serve as a visual, hands-on ways for residents to learn how to start seeds, grow produce and gain valuable, transferable job skills.
We also provide educational opportunities and a Seed Library
We'll work with your schedule.
Food Justice Campus321 Cherry Ave NECanton, OH 44702
- Donor Management
- Strategic Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- 5 hours/month
- Please send a resume and how you feel you can help StarkFresh and the work that we are doing.