Event Coordinator on the SS Red Oak Victory
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
The SS Red Oak Victory is looking for an Event Coordinator! This is a ship with a past and a future and our events provide a very important source of revenue! We are looking for someone who can help coordinate events such as weddings, Bar and Bat Mitzvahs, fundraisers with live bands and caterers, and corporate events.
- Communicating via phone and email with clients/bands/event staff/docents/marketers to staff and organize events
- Maintaining the ships event’s schedule, maintaining space schedule and scheduling events
- Working with the caterer to plan menus, control costs, and schedule loading/food prep
- Working with band/band agents to book performances, schedule loading/offloading, plan for electrical and space needs
- Arranging for payment from clients and to talent
- Working closely with Marketing and Docent
- Attending crew meetings and providing updates
About RICHMOND MUSEUM ASSN INC
PO BOX 1267, RICHMOND, CA 94802, US
The mission of the Richmond Museum Association is to preserve, display and educate about the history of Richmond, California and the surrounding area.
The Richmond Musuem Association (RMA) operates the Richmond Museum of History, located in a historic Carnegie Library. The Museum is open to the public Wednesday through Sunday from 1-4PM for a small admission fee. The largest artifact in the museum collection is the SS Red Oak Victory, a Victory Ship built in 1944 for use in the Pacific Theatre in World War II. The ship is open for docent lead and self guided tours on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday from 10-3.
The Richmond Museum Association (RMA) offers volunteer opportunities for people of all walks of life. Our community of like-minded volunteers works toward a common goal to inspire people through Richmond history. RMA will make you feel welcome whether you seek to develop professional skills, deepen your own personal interests or just want to feel more connected to the past. The Museum and SS Red Oak Victory depend on volunteers with a wide range of skills so we can accomplish goals like operating the ship under her own power or ensuring every local student visits the Museum once during elementary school. We offer a wide range of positions to fit diverse skill sets including everything from greeting guests to education to ship restoration and everything in between. Volunteering is fun and fulfilling, leading to health benefits and enhanced quality of life, so join us today!
We'll work with your schedule.
1337 Canal BlvdRichmond, CA 94804
- Business Analysis
- Basic Computer Skills
- Facilities Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Group Facilitation
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- 10 - 20 hrs